The Student Room Group
Reply 1
....Yes and no. Hope that answers your question.
Reply 2
'yes' to what and 'no' to what?
Reply 3
Errr i don't think you can help liking them, but you can take your mind off them..I think thats the best you will be able to do though.
Reply 4
I agree with you that you just can't help it. In the past I've liked people and spent way too much time thinking/talking about them and it usually has worked to my detrament :frown:.
Reply 5
i dont think you can help who you like...feelings just happen. However, you can encourage feelings and make them stronger and there are things you can do to control them.
Reply 6
Yeah I don't think you can help who you have a crush on.
Reply 7
Yeah I don't think you can help who you have a crush on.
Reply 8
I don't think you can either. It gets worse when you think "I shouldn't be liking them. I have to stop."
Reply 9
you cant help who you fall for.

whether or not you let it turn into an obsession is another matter!
Reply 10
No you can't help having a crush on someone, that's why we call it a crush. No matter who it is, you can always have a crush on them.

It's how we deal with the matter that counts.
I don't think you can help it but 90% of them only last for so long anyway, like there is girls I use to really fancy at uni last year but I've pretty much lost interest in them this year
You can't help who you have feelings for! But yeah you can control whether you act on it or not.
Yes. Self-discipline is always possible. :wink:
Anonymous
like if you have a crush on a celebrity or a teacher can you help it?
like if you like someone, you like someone. thats it. no matter who it is, you cant help having a crush on them? just wondering if you can help it or not
if you get me?

Go out and get laid. It might take your mind off your crush.
Reply 15
no you cant

/topic over
Yeah, you can stop/avoid a crush on someone. You've got to have a lot of will power though.
Even if you don't, you might just lose the crush after x weeks/months/years...although hopefully after only a few weeks!
Well for me personally I really have little control over my crushes, unfortunatley...you just have to get your mind off the person somehow.
Reply 18
I don't think you can control who you fall for, but I do think that once you've fallen for someone, you can go so far in convincing yourself that they'll never like you back, that in the end you just give up. Then the excitement of possibility wears off and slowly (very slowly:redface: ) the infatuation will wear off, too.

Takes a while, though.:rolleyes:

Latest