The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

|| Falmouth Freshers 2015 ||

Hey, I noticed the 2014 Falmouth freshers thread was already made by this point in the year, so I thought it was about time we had one too! :biggrin:

So who has received offers from/firmed Falmouth, and what subjects are you all doing?

Scroll to see replies

I accepted my unconditional offer for Fine Art at Falmouth yesterday!
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Reply 2
Original post by cmaudholmes

Aw, that's great, congratulations! :smile: Especially on the unconditional. What course/courses are you studying at the moment, or are you on a gap year?
thank you! I still can't believe i'm actually in! :L I'm currently on a gap year so working lots and hopefully going interrailng around Europe in the summer! What course will you be studying in September?
Reply 4
Congrats you two.
I have been offered a place to study Illustration at Falmouth this year - if I pass my foundation course.
Once I hear back from another uni I will be putting Falmouth as my main choice.
Mannaged to get accommodation sorted as well - feeling excited for it.
Original post by Failinis
Congrats you two.
I have been offered a place to study Illustration at Falmouth this year - if I pass my foundation course.

Congrats to you too!
How have you sorted accommodation already?! I thought it opened in April?
Reply 6
Sustainable product design! Conditional offer but I've already met the requirements basically
Reply 7

I accepted my offer for Fine Art a couple of days ago too! (:
Reply 8
thank you! I still can't believe i'm actually in! :L I'm currently on a gap year so working lots and hopefully going interrailng around Europe in the summer! What course will you be studying in September?

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel... I'm so glad I managed to get a place. And that sounds really fun, lucky you getting a chance to travel :smile:

I'm going to be studying Graphic Design. :biggrin:

Original post by Failinis
Congrats you two.

Congratulations to you too. :smile: I really liked the Illustration course as well!

Original post by Stefan_H
Sustainable product design! Conditional offer but I've already met the requirements basically

Original post by Brit-brit

Congrats to you both as well... have you started thinking about accommodation yet?
Reply 9
Original post by charlottei
I'm going to be studying Graphic Design. :biggrin:

Congrats to you both as well... have you started thinking about accommodation yet?

I'm coming from a Graphic Design course at college and swayed over to product design. The Graphic Design course looks awesome! Falmouth seems like a great creative uni.

I'm probably gonna go with the standard Glasney Student village. What about you?
I'm coming from a Graphic Design course at college and swayed over to product design. The Graphic Design course looks awesome! Falmouth seems like a great creative uni.

I'm probably gonna go with the standard Glasney Student village. What about you?

I think Glasney too. I like the feel of it and like that we get to mix with Exeter students too!

ahh! Where else did you apply? :smile:

Yeah I'm doing Graphic Design at college too, and I completely agree. The course at Falmouth really stood out above the others.

And me too. :biggrin: Despite the fact it's not the closest one to the campus I'll be studying at, I totally fell in love with the student village when I visited on the open day.
I think Glasney too. I like the feel of it and like that we get to mix with Exeter students too!

I thought that as well! Compared to other unis especially, the atmosphere was amazing, and I love the idea of being on a big, busy campus.
I thought that as well! Compared to other unis especially, the atmosphere was amazing, and I love the idea of being on a big, busy campus.

yeah same! It means ill have to travel to Woodlane Campus for my course but social wise i'd prefer to live at Glasney :smile:
ahh! Where else did you apply? :smile:

I applied to Chelsea, Wimbledon and Camberwell (UAL). Received offer's from Falmouth and Chelsea. Falmouth seems like a much nicer, welcoming place. I fell in love with it. Yourself?
yeah same! It means ill have to travel to Woodlane Campus for my course but social wise i'd prefer to live at Glasney :smile:

Oh, I didn't realise Fine Art was at the other campus! Yeah, Graphic Design is too. I was a bit worried that everyone on my course would be at closer accommodation, but the research I've done seems to suggest quite a large proportion at that campus still live in Glasney, which I was really glad to hear (as it had such an impact on me)!
I applied to Chelsea, Wimbledon and Camberwell (UAL). Received offer's from Falmouth and Chelsea. Falmouth seems like a much nicer, welcoming place. I fell in love with it. Yourself?

I applied to Art Uni Bournemouth & Bath Spa and got offers from both. I haven't done a foundation so didn't think i stood much chance with UAL!
Yeah I agree, I love the feel that Falmouth has, really chilled out rather than busy and competitive.
I didn't like Bath Spa at all and Bournemouth was okay, i live really close to it though and I dont really like it as a place, Falmouth is a lovely place to live and learn as well as being a really good uni and course!
Oh, I didn't realise Fine Art was at the other campus! Yeah, Graphic Design is too. I was a bit worried that everyone on my course would be at closer accommodation, but the research I've done seems to suggest quite a large proportion at that campus still live in Glasney, which I was really glad to hear (as it had such an impact on me)!

I've got a friend whose in her first year at Falmouth who lives at Glasney so she showed me around last week when i came for my interview! Its good to see what the flats look like "lived in" if you know what i mean! They're definitely the nicest I've seen out of all the uni's i applied to/saw!
I've got a friend whose in her first year at Falmouth who lives at Glasney so she showed me around last week when i came for my interview! Its good to see what the flats look like "lived in" if you know what i mean! They're definitely the nicest I've seen out of all the uni's i applied to/saw!

Wow, that's so cool! I bet it was great getting a look around... and a look at real student rooms rather than the ones you see on the open day, haha. That's really nice to know. I've got a really weird question though, if you don't mind... can you by any chance remember what colour the carpets were?? I'm looking at bedding at the moment, and being a graphic design student I would hate to turn up and find that it clashed, ahah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending