The Student Room Group

"The Outrageous Demands from NUS Women’s Conference"

They believe people should be able to live comfortably without working. Internet, mobile phones and leisures services are human right that must be provided.

They also want to abolish prisons that we should be nicer to female criminals.

Oh and something silly about white gay men stealing black women culture and that student unions should ban cisgender individuals from cross-dressing for comedic purposes.

http://thebackbencher.co.uk/revealed-the-outrageous-demands-from-nus-womens-conference/

I assume the NUS Women is supposed to represent female students. Are they all this crazy?

Bravo NUSWomen!
*jazzhands*
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Lol at number 3 and 4.That's Communism. We'll have none of that.

Lots of crazy nonsense from those deranged harpies.
Original post by Falcatas
They believe people should be able to live comfortably without working. Internet, mobile phones and leisures services are human right that must be provided.

How marvelously convenient for all these snooty NUS types who have never done a real day's work in their lives.
In fairness, there would be far worse things than a universal basic income (it doesn't preclude one earning extra money). Even from a libertarian perspective, Hayek supported a version of a basic income as the least economically distortive way to provide for the poor. Unfortunately I doubt the NUS is aware of this, and I assume they would be proposing it supplement rather than replace the minimum wage and benefits system, but oh well.

But yes, the rest of it is utter drivel. The bit having a go at gay men is particularly ridiculous.
Original post by Goldmanfeinstein
So are NUS homophobic, anti-White or both?

They are neither, they are a bastion of diversification which directly translates as anti straight white male.
There are always going to be radical groups like that. Those beliefs are only held by a small fraction of women.
Original post by D_ecrivaine
There are always going to be radical groups like that. Those beliefs are only held by a small fraction of women.

Yeah but this is the union that's supposed to stand up for students here and for women, that's most students. So it doesn't seem appropriate.
This is why I hate liberal bs and sometimes wish we were living in the Victorian times.
I don't want fine ideas like making Internet access a human right and the universal basic income associated with identity politics, division and hate.

They aren't a radical group though, they're the representatives of most students in higher education. I'm incredibly thankful to be at a university that is not affiliated with them.
Reply 10
Original post by limetang
They aren't a radical group though, they're the representatives of most students in higher education. I'm incredibly thankful to be at a university that is not affiliated with them.

They're not really representative of most students. People who stand for NUS posts tend to be incredibly self-selecting.
Universal basic income isn't communism. It was even supported by the founder of neoliberalism (the ideology dreamed up based on being anti communist) :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by around
They're not really representative of most students. People who stand for NUS posts tend to be incredibly self-selecting.

Oh very true, but we can't dismiss them as a mere fringe group when this is the power and position they hold.
Ooh it seems, a mod has edited the topic title.

The current topic title does hide the fact it was specifically NUSWomen I was mocking.
Perhaps the title "
The Outrageous Demands from NUS Women’s Conference" to match that of the article I linked.
I didn't realise my original title was offensive enough to be censored.

What was the original topic title? :K:

Spoiler

(can message me if you choose to instead)
Reply 14
Original post by XcitingStuart
What was the original topic title? :K:

Spoiler

(can message me if you choose to instead)

You can see it as it was in the first reply.
You can see it as it was in the first reply.

"I assume the NUS Women is supposed to represent female students. Are they all this crazy?"

This?
Reply 16
Original post by XcitingStuart
"I assume the NUS Women is supposed to represent female students. Are they all this crazy?"

This?

oh no

It's official. Women of the NUS are insane.
oh no

It's official. Women of the NUS are insane.

That's classic, what we done. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yes....NAFALT.:-)

They also want to abolish prisons that we should be nicer to female criminals.

Oh and something silly about white gay men stealing black women culture and that student unions should ban cisgender individuals from cross-dressing for comedic purposes.

http://thebackbencher.co.uk/revealed-the-outrageous-demands-from-nus-womens-conference/

I assume the NUS Women is supposed to represent female students. Are they all this crazy?

Bravo NUSWomen!
*jazzhands*

I once saw a mentalist shouting at a tree.

This conference is obviously where the middle class loons go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending