The Student Room Group

Woman who poured a 2 litre jug of scalding water over her husband jailed for 4 years

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reluire
I think it's important to remember this is a 65 year-old man, so his skin won't likely heal as well as someone half his age for example. Furthermore, there's more to an attack like this than just the physical scars. I can imagine having 2 litres of boiling water poured over your head would be quite traumatic, and he'll never forget the pain he went through - not only when the water initially scalded him, but the recovery afterwards which he's still in and which is probably very painful for him. His skin would not heal, and hasn't healed, in just a month. That's very wishful thinking. Simple things like having a shower will probably become very uncomfortable and painful for him now as well.

So what I'm really trying to say is that there's more to consider than just the attack itself.

4yrs in prison is a reasonable punishment for all of that.
Reply 41
Original post by zedeneye1
4yrs in prison is a reasonable punishment for all of that.

It's more like 2 though because she'll likely get out on good behaviour.
Original post by Reluire
It's more like 2 though because she'll likely get out on good behaviour.

On good behaviour, not for free...
Reply 43
Original post by zedeneye1
On good behaviour, not for free...

The prison system is very lenient with good behaviour though. As long as you're not stabbing other inmates or antagonising the prison guards, getting out on good behaviour is almost a given. The prison system is too crowded for them to be overly picky or strict.
Original post by Reluire
The prison system is very lenient with good behaviour though. As long as you're not stabbing other inmates or antagonising the prison guards, getting out on good behaviour is almost a given. The prison system is too crowded for them to be overly picky or strict.

For a cruel person, not being cruel is a difficult thing to do...

the punishment is reasonable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending