The Student Room Group

Star Plus??

How many of you guys and girls watch Star Plus? (Sky Channel 784) and what are your favourite dramas on the channel?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My favourite ones are Arjun and Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya.
I only watch/like Masterchef India on star
Reply 3
Original post by starlight4711
I only watch/like Masterchef India on star

Well back in 2014, they showed the ISL(Indian Super League) and I used to watch that, it's a shame its finished now.
Original post by Shafy97
Well back in 2014, they showed the ISL(Indian Super League) and I used to watch that, it's a shame its finished now.

Yeah, I remember, that was like a few months ago. Pratigya is quite an old show though. I used to watch it sometimes, along with Maryada (not sure about the name). I so dislike Sathiya and the current stuff that is on. I'd rather watch Hum Tv (844 Sky). Whenever I watch star plus, I get a headache: today Gopi forgot to put sugar in chai. OMG, how will she face Kokila?? Too much drama!
At least Pakistani dramas have a story line, are real, and most importantly have a message.
Reply 5
Original post by starlight4711
Yeah, I remember, that was like a few months ago. Pratigya is quite an old show though. I used to watch it sometimes, along with Maryada (not sure about the name). I so dislike Sathiya and the current stuff that is on. I'd rather watch Hum Tv (844 Sky). Whenever I watch star plus, I get a headache: today Gopi forgot to put sugar in chai. OMG, how will she face Kokila?? Too much drama!
At least Pakistani dramas have a story line, are real, and most importantly have a message.

You know what's kinda weird,I'm a boy and usually boys don't watch star plus but because my mum watches it, I decided to watch it as well and that's when I got hooked on watching it. This being with shows such as Pratigya and Arjun, Mohabbatein and Maryada. Since Pratigya was my favourite one, I recorded around 60 episodes on my skybox lool, and my mum would always laugh at me for being obsessed with star plus dramas. But currently I think Star Plus needs a clear up, there are shows which have been going on for too long and need to be gone such as Saathiya and Yeh Rishtai Hai, they've been their for ages and I wasn't interested in either of them. The quality has been declining for star plus ever since the end of 2014.
Original post by Shafy97
How many of you guys and girls watch Star Plus? (Sky Channel 784) and what are your favourite dramas on the channel?

I love to watch star plus my favourite show was Iss pyaar ko kya naam doon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Fallen99
I love to watch star plus my favourite show was Iss pyaar ko kya naam doon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it the new one or old one?
Original post by Shafy97
Is it the new one or old one?

Old one I hate the new one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Old one I hate the new one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, same with me as well, I'm kinda baffled with the storyline with the new one and with the old one, I felt there was a lot of chemistry between Arnav and Khushi. You have to also admit the old one had a very well played villian-Shyam, the bit that suprised me was how was using inception and acting like the Big Brother spying on everyone.
Original post by Shafy97
Yeah, same with me as well, I'm kinda baffled with the storyline with the new one and with the old one, I felt there was a lot of chemistry between Arnav and Khushi. You have to also admit the old one had a very well played villian-Shyam, the bit that suprised me was how was using inception and acting like the Big Brother spying on everyone.

U r right about the chemistry between arnav and khushi it felt real ashlok and astha I( guess this is her name) never had sizzling chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
U r right about the chemistry between arnav and khushi it felt real ashlok and astha I( guess this is her name) never had sizzling chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, its as if they had a real relationship if you know what i mean, like you'd always feel sad, if they were angry or you'd feel happy when they're happy. It's kinda similar to Krishna and Pratigya in Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya.
Original post by Shafy97
yeah, its as if they had a real relationship if you know what i mean, like you'd always feel sad, if they were angry or you'd feel happy when they're happy. It's kinda similar to Krishna and Pratigya in Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya.

Yeah I know what you mean I also used to watch pratigya but than stopped

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
All the desi girls gonna flock to this thread lmao
Reply 14
Yeah I know what you mean I also used to watch pratigya but than stopped

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently Pratigya stopped because of low ratings to a rival TV show on Zee TV, if you want to know more then I suggest you go on Wikipedia and a search pratigya. Pratigya initially had good ratings but in 2012 it has declined slightly and therefore they had to end the show abruptly.
Reply 15
Original post by TheBBQ
All the desi girls gonna flock to this thread lmao

Loool
Original post by Shafy97
Apparently Pratigya stopped because of low ratings to a rival TV show on Zee TV, if you want to know more then I suggest you go on Wikipedia and a search pratigya. Pratigya initially had good ratings but in 2012 it has declined slightly and therefore they had to end the show abruptly.

I didn't know that but thanks for telling I only used to watch pratigya cuz of my mom but cuz I was very busy and didn't find that Drama interesting I stopped watching

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I didn't know that but thanks for telling I only used to watch pratigya cuz of my mom but cuz I was very busy and didn't find that Drama interesting I stopped watching

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problemo!
Original post by Shafy97
No problemo!

Did u watch all of it??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Did u watch all of it??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I even recorded most of the episodes on my sky box lool my mum was laughing when I told her that!

Quick Reply

Latest