The Student Room Group
Don't you want a back up in case you don't get the results?
Reply 2
Your offer is conditional upon you getting the offer. There's a chance that you will not make it. And because of this uncertainty, Unis will not offer accommodation services.
Also you don't gain much from accepting an offer now, as opposed to waiting for the rest of your replies.
Reply 4
This is wrong:

University Of Aberdeen
Once you have accepted an unconditional or conditional offer of admission to the University, you will be sent an accommodation application form. This form should be completed and returned to the Student Accommodation Office. Please note that to guarantee a place in a University Hall of Residence, your form must be received by the Accommodation Office no later than the first Friday in September. If you have a preference to be roomed in an area with only those of the same gender as yourself, inform us of this when you return your application form.

Where possible your first choice of accommodation will be offered, but if this is not possible, you will be offered the nearest option to your choice.

To accept an offer of accommodation you must sign the contract and return one copy, with the deposit of £200.00 sterling plus the utility charge within 7 days. Please be aware that in accepting the offer you are entering into a legally binding contract.
I think you'd have to cancel all your other choices to do that. If you're sure you want to go to Dundee and you're sure you'll get the grades, that would be an option, but if you think you might change your mind or you want an insurance, wait until all your choices have replied. Everyone else will be doing the same, so it won't have an effect on accommodation.
Reply 6
Just wait, you have nothing to lose and having more backups like Kellywood says will be a good benefit.
Reply 7
They won't send out the accommodation forms yet, will probably be around August time, so it's really not worth cancelling your other choices yet.
Gemma
Reply 8
Ok well what if it is an unconditional offer.. can you accept it? because if so, then its 100%.. and accomodation,, if you apply early then don't you get it earlier?
Wazzz
Ok well what if it is an unconditional offer.. can you accept it? because if so, then its 100%.. and accomodation,, if you apply early then don't you get it earlier?

I don't think you have firm and insurance for unconditionals because obviously you're not relying on exam results or anything, so yes, I think you can reply to the offer you want to accept as soon as you get it. As for accommodation, I'm not sure how long you'd have to wait for a reply, but you should be more likely to get your first choice.
Reply 10
I got an unconditional offer from my first choice so cancelled others and accepted it
nat
Reply 12
Im sorry jesus, but i dont think "nat" really is a good enough answer. This is a serious question, if you dont have anything good to contribute just keep quiet :P
It's not Jesus! I've told you Waster, its French! You already asked me what I thought and I gave you a serious answer in person so shhh yourself lol
Reply 14
I got a conditional from plymouth and i havnt accepted it BUT they sent me a accomodation form, sending it off tmorw....wait is my opinion i have 5/6 all 5 conditionals jst gna wait then pick my 1st and 2nd
Reply 15
kellywood_5
I don't think you have firm and insurance for unconditionals because obviously you're not relying on exam results or anything, so yes, I think you can reply to the offer you want to accept as soon as you get it. As for accommodation, I'm not sure how long you'd have to wait for a reply, but you should be more likely to get your first choice.

Ok so what you are saying is that if i have unconditional.. the i don't need an insurance? Beacause when i accept the offer then i have firm place on the course .. I mean What are the chances that the course gets canceled you know? so that i WOULD need an insurance
So basically i can accept it now and cancel the others.. The reason for me wanting to accept the offer earlier is to get a better hall :tongue: .. What do you guys think, shoud I wait? cuz that was my first choice
Wazzz
Ok so what you are saying is that if i have unconditional.. the i don't need an insurance? Beacause when i accept the offer then i have firm place on the course .. I mean What are the chances that the course gets canceled you know? so that i WOULD need an insurance
So basically i can accept it now and cancel the others.. The reason for me wanting to accept the offer earlier is to get a better hall :tongue: .. What do you guys think, shoud I wait? cuz that was my first choice

See if it says anything about unconditional offers on the website or in the advice booklet they sent you (or at least they sent one last year) but the whole idea of unconditional is that you have a place whatever happens, so I don't see why you'd need an insurance. I have no idea what would happen if the course got cancelled, but I think the unis usually do it before now. If it's your first choice, go for it- you should be more likely to get the accommodation you really want as well.
Reply 17
kellywood_5
See if it says anything about unconditional offers on the website or in the advice booklet they sent you (or at least they sent one last year) but the whole idea of unconditional is that you have a place whatever happens, so I don't see why you'd need an insurance. I have no idea what would happen if the course got cancelled, but I think the unis usually do it before now. If it's your first choice, go for it- you should be more likely to get the accommodation you really want as well.

Ok thank you for your help :smile:
but in order to do that i have to call ucas and cancel the others?
The accomodation is not allocated til next year - for anyone. There is no rush.
Wazzz
Ok thank you for your help :smile:
but in order to do that i have to call ucas and cancel the others?

I think so, unless there's some way to do it on Track.

Latest

Trending

Trending