The Student Room Group

english....

got a low B for coursework what do I need to get in the exam for an A my expected grade is an A
Original post by sumi99

got a low B for coursework what do I need to get in the exam for an A my expected grade is an A

Heya, I'm going to put this in the English forum for you as you should get more responses there.You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=82
Original post by sumi99

If you could tell us whether you're a GCSE or A-level student and what grades have you got in the past from coursework/controlled assessment or exams that would be helpful too.

Also, give us an idea on what things you are doing well and what things you need to improve on by your teachers comments. If you have no got any teachers comments based on this, there would be a good place to start.
Reply 3
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
If you could tell us whether you're a GCSE or A-level student and what grades have you got in the past from coursework/controlled assessment or exams that would be helpful too.

Also, give us an idea on what things you are doing well and what things you need to improve on by your teachers comments. If you have no got any teachers comments based on this, there would be a good place to start.

I'm doing the aqa exam board

For my overall coursework grade I got 56 which is just a about a B it's too late to improve my coursework as it goes to the exam boards tomorrow

I am doing gcse

Would u know how many marks of what grade I'd need to get in my exam to get that my overall English language gr8ade to an A
Original post by sumi99

For my overall coursework grade I got 56 which is just a about a B it's too late to improve my coursework as it goes to the exam boards tomorrow

I am doing gcse

Would u know how many marks of what grade I'd need to get in my exam to get that my overall English language gr8ade to an A

Is this english things such as descriptive writing/story writing or analysis? :smile:
Original post by sumi99

I am doing gcse

Hmm, to get an A you'd need to at least get a middle-high grade A mark on your exam.

Because you said just about a B and you are correct; you need at least a high A to get an A overall.
Based on last years grade boundaries you'll need 56/80 in the exam.
Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending