The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Driving lessons in Leeds

Could anyone recommend anyone independant or a company, that's good in Leeds. I'm in Headingley.
I did mine with Shire Oak driving school - was pretty good, I passed first time with them - twas 4 years ago.
Average sort of pricing - not as dear as BSM but obviously not cheap either - no driving schools are cheap!
They are based in Headingley also.

Hope this helps - I have no other experiences of driving schools to tell you about - my mother passed 2nd time with BSM back in the early 90s, but that was clearly a loooong time ago.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I'm with Top Gear Driving School. The guy's name is Sam and you get to drivie a mini cooper. I would recommend him, he is very good, hence the fatc he is working for himself. I can give you the number if u want. X
Reply 3
hi there ,
just want to know how you doing in seaching for a driving school/ instructor in headingley area? if your still looking and want some help in learning to drive drop me a line. cheers. i have just moved to leeds area and have been teaching driving for approx 20 years and have got a grade 6 and hold city and guilds teaching 730 certificate.
Original post by macge
hi there ,
just want to know how you doing in seaching for a driving school/ instructor in headingley area? if your still looking and want some help in learning to drive drop me a line. cheers. i have just moved to leeds area and have been teaching driving for approx 20 years and have got a grade 6 and hold city and guilds teaching 730 certificate.

I have a driving test on January 17th (2weeks) in Southport. what advice could you give me for the independent driving section and would you recommend my instructor came on test as well?
Reply 5
hi there,
nice to here from you , hope you pass your test on the 17th january, am sure you feel that you are ready to take the test and got the practical skills needed to pass the test.
if i was picking a instructor i would choose an independent instructor. As far as having your instructor companing you in your test its how you feel.
Reply 6
If you're still looking I can't recommend Damien Heaney highly enough.He covers most of the Leeds area I think. Pop his name or 'Heaney Driving' into google and you should find him. If not feel free to inbox me and I'll give you his contact details. I originally tried learning to drive years ago and really struggled but when I came back to it again and found Damien he really boosted my confidence and got me through my test with ease!

EDIT: Just re-read the previous responses and realised you're sorted. Good Luck! And for anyone else who sees this maybe my info will still be of use!
(edited 13 years ago)
Wouldn't go near BSM. They kept changing my lessons without telling me and then tried to charge me for lessons they knew i couldn't do because I didn't have anyone to look after my daughter.

In the end Darren at the driving school helped me pass in an automatic but they have other instructors. http://www.systemdrive.co.uk/ is the website - best thing was the intensive courses
I learnt with an independent instructor in Headingley. Zest Driving School, a guy called Dave. Very calm, professional, and had a cracking little car (Skoda Fabia vRS). I liked it so much I eventually got one myself :biggrin: I think you can find him on Facebook.

Quick Reply

Latest