The Student Room Group

4 weeks off for Easter at uni a bit excess

I dunno?

We're not at school anymore so the satisfaction of having time off isn't really there anymore... uni is hardly demanding, even on a law course.

Also, 4 weeks off, then another 3-4 weeks before exams? I should kind of be revising but there's still a bit of time left.

I dunno, I'm really bored at home already and we're less than a week in?!

Scroll to see replies

I have four weeks off as well and this is my second week. As a final year law student I can tell you that I personally need these four weeks to get through all my work. My course is very demanding and I would be worried if I didn't have anything to do when it is coming up to exams
Reply 3
I agree it is quite a lot, wouldn't have minded it at 6th form but uni is basically a big holiday anyway... it's a hassle to come home and face reality :p:p
Reply 4
We get six...
I would rather have less time off at Easter and Christmas, and get half terms instead.

Really annoying having 4 weeks off then 3 weeks more teaching when we get back, because I can't revise everything in this 4 weeks since we haven't learned it. :mad:
Reply 6
Get six weeks off too. Going to start revising as soon as possible for these exams to make up for my terrible coursework.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We've got 5 weeks off, including the whole of April. I'm planning on coming back after 2 weeks though because a) I'll get bored otherwise; b) I'll struggle to focus on revision away from uni
wtf people have 4 weeks and more?!
I only have 3 and i've got ****loads to cover.
Reply 9
Original post by bittr n swt
wtf people have 4 weeks and more?!
I only have 3 and i've got ****loads to cover.

Having more time off does not actually mean 'more time off' unfortunately :lol:
I've got 1 more teaching week, then 3 weeks off, then exams, then 3 month summer holiday. I'm pretty relieved. I'm absolutely mentally drained right now. So many deadlines D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by hazlar12
I agree it is quite a lot, wouldn't have minded it at 6th form but uni is basically a big holiday anyway... it's a hassle to come home and face reality :p:p

I always say uni is a massive holiday. Last year next year in Leeds and I'm going to go wild like every night before the real world back home.

Original post by Noble.
We get six...

Ridiculous. Oxbridge?

Original post by rayquaza17
I would rather have less time off at Easter and Christmas, and get half terms instead.

Really annoying having 4 weeks off then 3 weeks more teaching when we get back, because I can't revise everything in this 4 weeks since we haven't learned it. :mad:

lol I'm procrastinating on my law revision
I've got 3 weeks. It wouldn't be so bad but I have no essays due, no coursework to finish, and since we haven't covered all the content yet revision is a lot more difficult. Not a lot to do and I'm definitely bored already.
Reply 13
Original post by Tabstercat
I've got 3 weeks. It wouldn't be so bad but I have no essays due, no coursework to finish, and since we haven't covered all the content yet revision is a lot more difficult. Not a lot to do and I'm definitely bored already.

I've got 3 huge law exams and a small essay. I've never spent this much time revising though. Will start on the weekend/Monday which leaves me 3 weeks of Easter and 4 more weeks before exams.

What are you doing all day?

Exactly, I have an entire module next term and then the exam, going to have to revise during the learning :s-smilie:.

Yeah I know what you mean! It's so annoying. Like I had my first lec on Wed about the exam.. But we were told to read the text in the 3 weeks... But there's another text we need to read, the lec said we'll look at that when Easter is over... So annoying!
I only get 2 weeks off. No time to revise at all.
I think it depends on what you are doing.

I've got two weeks off starting tomorrow and there assignments due in four weeks, so for me it's a good chance to get some work done without having to toddle off to uni.

I had no work to do over christmas and that felt FAR too long.
Reply 18
Original post by DasSnipez
I think it depends on what you are doing.

I've got two weeks off starting tomorrow and there assignments due in four weeks, so for me it's a good chance to get some work done without having to toddle off to uni.

I had no work to do over christmas and that felt FAR too long.

I had an essay and 2 exams but still left everything to the last few days!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I break up today for four weeks and I'm not looking forward to it as I have a lot of revision to do (9 exams, eek) and sitting in your bedroom revising is so boring and lonely. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest