The Student Room Group

GEM application in 2nd year

Hi,

I was under the impression you could apply for graduate entry medicine whilst you are in the second year of your degree but have recently been told otherwise. Could any provide any clarification?

NB: I am in my second year of biomedical science.
Original post by oliviajane94
Hi,

I was under the impression you could apply for graduate entry medicine whilst you are in the second year of your degree but have recently been told otherwise. Could any provide any clarification?

No because you wouldn't have a degree. Most (but not all) accept applications from third year students.
Hi,

You can apply in the October of your third year to begin the following academic year (once you've got your degree, otherwise how will you be on a GEP if you're not actually a graduate :wink:)
Reply 3
Original post by Democracy
You can apply in the October of your third year to begin the following academic year (once you've got your degree, otherwise how will you be on a GEP if you're not actually a graduate :wink:)

Oh yes sorry that's what I meant - so I would be apply October this year for 2016 entry
Oh yes sorry that's what I meant - so I would be apply October this year for 2016 entry

As ForestCat says, that should be fine for most GEPs. If you're unsure you can double check on uni websites :smile:
Reply 5
Fantastic, thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending