The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Overview of LSE Halls from an LSE student

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey everyone! Is anyone living at Lilian Knowles House and can tell us a bit about how severe the noise from the construction work is? Thanks a lot!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
Also are people applying for 31 weeks or 38 weeks if they live in the UK?
Reply 42
For the more sociable halls (Carr-Saunders,Roserberry, and Passfield) is drinking and going out clubbing pretty essential to establishing friendship groups in first year, Freshers' Week especially? I ask because I'll be 17 until next January so I won't be able to go to clubs or drink or anything. I'm sort of dreading the prospect of really struggling to make friends because I wasn't really able to go out during most of first year haha.

I quite liked the sound of Carr-Saunders, as it sounded sociable but also quite close-knit, but I also get the impression that it might be hard to fit in if you can't drink/go to clubs.

Anyone have any insight on this? :smile:
Reply 43
Is anyone considering private accommodation? All things being equal I'd go to a student hall but I'm a tardy little bird and all the single non-catered affordable ensuites are probably already taken. On one hand, it's only one year, and first year is really the time to be making friends and halls are the way to do that. On the other hand, sacrificing having my own bathroom and/or paying extra expenses for meals I don't want is a pretty big blow.

Edit: I guess I've been taking for granted that students from any hall can hang out in the common room of other halls and attend their socials, etc. Is this a misconception?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 44
Do the university gyms cost? And if so, does anyone know the membership fees?

Kinda irrelevant, but what's the finance/banking scene in LSE halls like? I want to get a small group of likeminded IB wannabes (lmao) so we can help each other with applications and ****.

Also wanted to pick CS, but couldn't handle sharing bathrooms & contract length didn't suit me.
1. Freshers week is about clubbing, but there will be people who don't go out. There Are non alcoholic events on every night for non drinkers and no one will judge you for not going out--I paid for the rag wristband but only went out twice in the first week.
2. Lol it's LSE. There will always be a group who is absolutely obsessed with careers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sellerofdreams
1. Freshers week is about clubbing, but there will be people who don't go out. There Are non alcoholic events on every night for non drinkers and no one will judge you for not going out--I paid for the rag wristband but only went out twice in the first week.
2. Lol it's LSE. There will always be a group who is absolutely obsessed with careers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much is a wristband and do people go out on the Sunday? You know when everyone arrives?
LSE halls only include dinner in the meal plan. what about lunch and dinner and how much do they cost?? is it better to take inter college halls in which 2 meals per day are included ??
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending