The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't think they should
You are aware that it was the Conservatives who legalised gay marriage?
Reply 3
Original post by ModYom
I believe that the UKIP and Conservatives will likely win the election, and hope that common sense shall prevail to ban the farce of man being able to marry man and thus adopt children, in place of a legitimate mixed gender coupling.

So, will they do this? - pretty sure Nigel has the balls but have my doubts over the Tories

Will be DUP be part of that coalition?
Reply 4
Original post by MatureStudent36
You are aware that it was the Conservatives who legalised gay marriage?

yes, that's true, but it was the Liberals Cameron and Clegg (+ of course Dave's wife) that allowed this to happen.

So, either a real Conservative becomes new leader or UKIP - they should then ban this idiotic arrangement
Conservatives passed same sex marriage you imbecile. Also, ukip has what, 2 seats? They're predicted 4 this election at most. There definitely won't be a coalition with ukip/tories
Unlikely given that about 65-70% of the population were in favour of legalising same sex marriage due to not being backwards homophobes.
I try not to get into deep conversations with homophobic idiots like you as it's like talking to a brick wall. It's not 'common sense' for starters. Also, may I remind you that gay marriage means two women as well, not just two men. There are studies showing children with 2 same-sex parents do just as well, and are just as happy as children with a mum and a dad. By your logic, single parents shouldn't be allowed to adopt either.
Original post by ModYom
yes, that's true, but it was the Liberals Cameron and Clegg (+ of course Dave's wife) that allowed this to happen.

So, either a real Conservative becomes new leader or UKIP - they should then ban this idiotic arrangement

You Fitbit that the majority of conservative MPs voted for it.

why do you think conservatives by default are against gay marriage?

we're talking about a political party that had the UKs first female prime minister.

the leader of the scottoah Consevatives is openly gay.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MatureStudent36
You Fitbit that the majority of conservative MPs voted for it.

why do you think conservatives by default are against gay marriage?

we're talking about a political party that had the UKs first female prime minister.

the leader of the scottoah Consevatives is openly gay.

Nope http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-21346694
People like you are the reason I have no faith in the British public
Bad news for you, this won't happen for the following reasons:

1) It was the Conservatives who legalized same-sex marriage in the first place. Why would they backtrack so suddenly?

2) UKIP has ruled out an official coalition with the Conservatives. They will provide confidence & supply at most.

3) Nigel Farage has already stated that he will not vote to revert the legalisation of same-sex marriage.
(edited 9 years ago)
Definitely not. Though I'll be voting for neither of them and hope they don't get in
If they did there would be a revolution, plus decline in support for UKIP given it has a strong LGBT branch.
Original post by ModYom
I believe that the UKIP and Conservatives will likely win the election, and hope that common sense shall prevail to ban the farce of man being able to marry man and thus adopt children, in place of a legitimate mixed gender coupling.

So, will they do this? - pretty sure Nigel has the balls but have my doubts over the Tories

Tell me, was there much traffic today during your journey from the 19th century?

Shock horror. Mps represent the views of their constituents.

I think there's more important things to worry about.that ship has now sailed.
Reply 17
Original post by jambojim97
If they did there would be a revolution, plus decline in support for UKIP given it has a strong LGBT branch.

a revolution? lol:colondollar:, that's ridiculous - thanks for the chuckle though............
Original post by ModYom
a revolution? lol:colondollar:, that's ridiculous - thanks for the chuckle though............

You're welcome 8) :wink:
Original post by ModYom

Absolutely not!?
why are same-sex marriages so bad? it affects no one but themselves and causes no harm, so why ban it.
we don't want this country to go backwards

Latest

Trending

Trending