The Student Room Group

What does love feel like?

I've never been in love and don't see the point of it. I've seen others go through it and concluded its just something that makes you vulnerable and hurts like hell when it goes wrong. I don't plan to expose myself that way ever.

So, tell me, what does love feel like? Just so I know I'm not missing out on much :smile:
Reply 1
Attachment not found

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
It feels like you're lost in a different world. Your thoughts and feelings change...they become deeper and more intense. You become very much aware of the bond that you have developed with the object of your love. It's a feeling that may easily persist for a very long time after it sets in. It's often not something you can control, change or stop. It brings untold happiness but can also cause insurmountable pain. If you let it, it will dominate your life and take over your world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Love cannot be described. You will know how it feels like when you find it (and I'm sure you will, just be patient!).
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=54025693

Love doesn't always end in failure, it's no use to anyone being close minded about it.
Like you're being hugged 24/7 without letting go.

Belonging, acceptance, and a reason to live are the three most significant things I look for in love. I never had any of those until my fiance came into my life. In a recent conversation I mentioned something like "you know the worst things about me" and without thinking about it for even a second he replied saying something along the lines of "you have no ''worst things''." When talking about the "worst things" I was referring to my being sexually abused by four different people between the ages of about 6 and 18; sleeping around like a huge whore around the time we first met; being totally suicidal and pushing him away back then because I became suspicious of him; hating him at one point; being insecure about myself, him and us; not being able to trust him or love him as well as he trusts/loves me; self-harming. There are so many more things but I'm too exhausted to think of them. To have someone accept me wholeheartedly after knowing about all those things is more than I could have ever dreamed of. I never thought it was possible for someone to love me. With him I feel like I have this warm invisible blanket around me all the time keeping me feeling safer and more secure than I've ever felt in my life.
It's the best and most awful feeling in the world :eek2:

Also just wanna point out: you may PLAN never to expose yourself that way ever but it will in all likeliness still creep up on you anyway :iiam:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Also just wanna point out: you may PLAN never to expose yourself that way ever but it will in all likeliness still creep up on you anyway :iiam:

Exactly this, you may not have a choice in the matter. In fact if it comes to it, there's nowt you can do.
Original post by Anonymous
I've never been in love and don't see the point of it. I've seen others go through it and concluded its just something that makes you vulnerable and hurts like hell when it goes wrong. I don't plan to expose myself that way ever.

So, tell me, what does love feel like? Just so I know I'm not missing out on much :smile:

Love is a song in your heart,
To let you begin the day with a start.
The flowers that blossom she gives to me,
The petals from the apple tree.

That moment I knew that the moment would last forever,
If only I was so committed to the endeavor,
And here is it now in front of me,
So real as if its meant to be.

The world so bright,
In my delight,
To see your face each day.

Oh what I wouldn't give to spend a moment
Not just a moment but a lifetime with you.
As once I knew,
What can I do,
How can I be so dumb.

What will it bring to me,
What ever did I see,
Why did I bury you like the seed of that apple tree.
We wait and see.

And so you grow,
And then I know.

To be stood by your side,
One dead now alive,
A song to be sung,
To be here when I'm done,

To give it all,
To save me from myself,
And how you made it last,
And made it all work out for me.
Like the seasons to the apple tree.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

If it's also one of the worst feelings in the world, why risk it? How is it worth it to feel that pain when things go wrong?

If it ends up creeping up on me, I'll prob feel it and distance myself. If not, at least hold a little of myself back so I don't fully expose myself
Original post by Dr Pesto
Exactly this, you may not have a choice in the matter. In fact if it comes to it, there's nowt you can do.

I can probably hold a little bit of myself back so that I don't expose all of me.
Original post by Anonymous
If it's also one of the worst feelings in the world, why risk it? How is it worth it to feel that pain when things go wrong?

Tiz def worth it imho if that someone you fall for loves you back, even if just for a little while. You learn a lot about yourself from these things and it makes you a stronger person, in any case :h:

If it ends up creeping up on me, I'll prob feel it and distance myself.

That's what I'm saying though - likeliness is you won't be able to distance yourself, even if you rationally think you would like to :nah:

If not, at least hold a little of myself back so I don't fully expose myself

Would def advise doing that - always healthy to retain something of yourself :h:
Original post by Vixen47

Belonging, acceptance, and a reason to live are the three most significant things I look for in love. I never had any of those until my fiance came into my life. In a recent conversation I mentioned something like "you know the worst things about me" and without thinking about it for even a second he replied saying something along the lines of "you have no ''worst things''." When talking about the "worst things" I was referring to my being sexually abused by four different people between the ages of about 6 and 18; sleeping around like a huge whore around the time we first met; being totally suicidal and pushing him away back then because I became suspicious of him; hating him at one point; being insecure about myself, him and us; not being able to trust him or love him as well as he trusts/loves me; self-harming. There are so many more things but I'm too exhausted to think of them. To have someone accept me wholeheartedly after knowing about all those things is more than I could have ever dreamed of. I never thought it was possible for someone to love me. With him I feel like I have this warm invisible blanket around me all the time keeping me feeling safer and more secure than I've ever felt in my life.

You sound like a very strong person :smile: I'm happy you have been able to overcome such awful things
Original post by Vixen47

I completely agree with the importance of acceptance in a relationship. The individual should never make you feel that you need to alter yourself to please them.

That sounds truly wonderful- I'm happy for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending