The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Been here since 2009, but took a three year break when uni started and got back on this towards the end of last year :smile:

Most memorable moments were when I first started using this site and Imsoacadmic was around. I used to lol at the abuse she got for her constant Oxbridge stuff and how superior she was. She was a bigger troll than me :cry2:. I am taking quite a liking to Groot/Drusilla these days.

Imsoacadmeic if you're still around comeee back <3
I miss 2ndClass because he was a royal **** and I like making myself outraged.

I was never around when the neg existed but I would have liked to have been :daydreaming:
Reply 3
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Time to get nostalgic and post some of your best and most funny stories of TSR! :daydreaming:

How long have you been on TSR? :shakecane:

What are some of the most memorable moments of being a user? :groovy:

Any features of TSR or users that you miss, and why? :moon:

- Almost 10 years

- The single biggest event thing that springs to mind was when a well known at the time user started a thread entitled "Cooking with cum" and linked to a load of recipes. A huge WTF moment.

- Many old friends have come and gone these past 10 years. I think they should reinstate neg reps and large-sized profile pictures.
Reply 4
my best memory so far is reading this amazing thread. Well done, this is definitely worth your time.
Joined at the start of 2010 just to get some help with this GCSE question I had. I never expected to stay for more than a few weeks at most and now 5 years later, I'm still here. :zomg:

Most memorable moment has to be when I trolled everyone (but not too badly) on a chat thread when I was also a mod a couple of years ago. :ashamed2: Otherwise, Mod Meet 2014 as well as meeting so many other amazing people on here have been brilliant.

Miss so many people who I used to talk on here...Pandora., El Moro, CharlieBoardman, Endless Blue plus so many others. Oh, and I also miss some of the ex-mods who I used to talk to before they left the team not too long ago. Current ones are pretty ****e :wink: I'm joking, I love you all really :afraid:
(edited 8 years ago)
imsoacademic

neg rep

u20yunojoinsocieties

dilsz getting trolled

catfishers pretending to be someone else they are not
Original post by Reue
- Almost 10 years

- The single biggest event thing that springs to mind was when a well known at the time user started a thread entitled "Cooking with cum" and linked to a load of recipes. A huge WTF moment.

10 years though, wow!

What even... not sure whether to laugh or feel sick - so going to do both :rofl:
Been on here 7 years this April :shakecane:

Various highs (PS Help tea room initiations :colone: ) and lows (noobfaces across various forums being rude to/about me, me inadvertently being a noobface in the TSR Religion forum due to extremely ill-thought-out and badly written posts, answering the hundredth thread that says ZOMG I'VE ONLY GOT 10 ZILLION A*S CAN I STILL GET INTO OXFORD???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ) but the highlight had to be getting Member of the Year a few years back. I was honestly very surprised but touched that people on the site knew me enough to nominate and vote for me :redface:

Another highlight was winning PS Helper of the Year coz that was voted by other PS Helpers :yep:

I miss the cheap subscriptions, hint hint :wink: And am another person guilty of missing imso :tongue:

Original post by Viva Emptiness

I was never around when the neg existed but I would have liked to have been :daydreaming:

Y U HAVE AS MANY REP GEMS AS ME IF U A TSR NOOB?!?!? :eek: :colonhash: :hmmm:

:emo:

#TLGProblems
Reply 9
Joined 2011.

I remember 'sausage on the stair', the thread about the pigeon, sexual mermaid theory. Memorable moments are camping with MH Soc, being leader of the opposition on MHOC and becoming a mod.

I miss the mystery of not knowing much about the site, friends I made that have since moved on, and trying to get 30 positive reps in a row without a neg.

:smile:
Original post by miser
sexual mermaid theory.

Dear God, I remember that!!! :hide: :eek3: :lolwut: My eyes, my eyes! :ahhhhh:

Btw, well done for interviewing that politician guy. Haven't managed to watch the videos yet (not very well atm) but am glad you did it! :biggrin:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Y U HAVE AS MANY REP GEMS AS ME IF U A TSR NOOB?!?!? :eek: :colonhash: :hmmm:

:emo:

#TLGProblems

I'm a good quality, valued member of this here soci-

:indiff:
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I'm a good quality, valued member of this here soci-

:indiff:

Ignore me, am just well jell :colondollar:
When we used to have thumbs down...
Reply 14
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Dear God, I remember that!!! :hide: :eek3: :lolwut: My eyes, my eyes! :ahhhhh:

Btw, well done for interviewing that politician guy. Haven't managed to watch the videos yet (not very well atm) but am glad you did it! :biggrin:

Thanks! Hope you get well soon. :smile:
First joined in 2008.
My most memorable moment was finding my girlfriend on here, changed my life.

I really miss neg rep, I wish they'd bring it back, I love those red gems of disapproval. I don't like the new rep system at all.

Apart from that...nothing else comes to mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Y u no join social groups
I joined August 2005, so nearly 10 years...

I loved when the LDR soc was active and I met up with several of them :smile: Also being a PS helper and being part of our tea room. And going to the TSR offices in London and covering them with tinsel :tongue:

I miss lots of the people from the threads I would go on regularly who just seemed to have disappeared... I am for and against neg rep. And the site look has completely changed since I started!

I'm sure I'll remember more things when people post...
I've been on this account for 2.5 years.

I'd say the most memorable moment was meeting my first TSRian.

I miss Lucine.B.
Original post by *Interrobang*
going to the TSR offices in London and covering them with tinsel :tongue:

TINSEL :teeth:

Incidentally, I believe we should make the TSR Community Team answer the question "what is tea?" Would they get it right (without cheating), I wonder? :beard: :hmmm: :ninja: