The Student Room Group

English coursework help

Hey guys,
Can anyone help me out with my AS English Lit. coursework?
It's comparing how obsession is presented in WUTHERING HEIGHTS and ENDURING LOVE.

Does anyone know one or two quotes from enduring love that convey Jed's obsession for Joe and/or his jealousy towards Joe and Clarissa??

Also any specific words/phrases that I can analyse which also show this???

How do I add a critics opinion into it, I want to make sure I link it in well??

If ANYONE could help with any of these points I would be v. grateful
PLEASE :smile:
Enduring love:rolleyes: Let me go and grab that endless pit of doom, hold on a second!

......I'M BACK

I would say Jed's letters to Joe are probably the best place to seek quotes for his obsession and again his jealousy for Clarissa is also included in them with his constant persistence of wanting to talk to Clarissa and "sort it out" and tell her about there "love" for each other. Also the ending chapters where he is sitting there with Clarissa on the sofa with a knife, that shows his obsession for Joe, how far he is willing to go to receive Joe's love. Also don't forget the appendix with his letter 3 years on and his still remaining love for Joe.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Enduring love:rolleyes: Let me go and grab that endless pit of doom, hold on a second!

......I'M BACK

I would say Jed's letters to Joe are probably the best place to seek quotes for his obsession and again his jealousy for Clarissa is also included in them with his constant persistence of wanting to talk to Clarissa and "sort it out" and tell her about there "love" for each other. Also the ending chapters where he is sitting there with Clarissa on the sofa with a knife, that shows his obsession for Joe, how far he is willing to go to receive Joe's love. Also don't forget the appendix with his letter 3 years on and his still remaining love for Joe.

Thank you very much!!!
Original post by swiminthepoole
Thank you very much!!!

No problemo :gthumb: I also particularly like the quote where Jed says something about the leaves that Joe touches and how somehow he can sense the leaves he has touched are different to the ones he hasn't touched. It's something like that, it's included in one of his first few letters, can't remember which one though. That quote most definitely highlights his obsession but I guess also his mental state!

I am quite surprised with how much I have come up with writing these posts since I have probably fallen asleep in every Enduring love English lesson :redface:
I think I've already included that one and also linked it in with mental state but thanks anyway!! :smile: I'm pretty surprised I'm even writing an essay on it considering I haven't actually read enduring love (oopsy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swiminthepoole
I think I've already included that one and also linked it in with mental state but thanks anyway!! :smile: I'm pretty surprised I'm even writing an essay on it considering I haven't actually read enduring love (oopsy)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I have an exam on it in a few weeks time and I also haven't read it properly :colondollar: We will see how that goes...
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Well I have an exam on it in a few weeks time and I also haven't read it properly :colondollar: We will see how that goes...

Well good luck anyway!!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest