The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

To be honest I don't really know the exact date when we're breaking up and I haven’t bothered to ask.

All am aware of is that we're returning on the 8th of January and besides it’s not so much as a break given that I’ve got my A2 exams 2 weeks after we return from our "break".
Reply 41
I break up on December 20th and go back on January 2nd.
Reply 42
12:00 on Friday 15th of December and forced to return at 08:25 on Monday 8th of January. I'll be in Australia the whole time trying very hard to study for exams. Ha... Ha.. Oh god.
Reply 43
15th Dec til 3rd Jan I do believe, doesn't look bad at all after looking at most of the other responses in this thread!
Reply 44
15th till either 8th or 9th.
Reply 45
Mine is 15th December (nice and early :smile: ) till the 2nd January (nuuuu too soon!)

:santaclau
Reply 46
Break-up = 19th December

Go back = 3rd January
20th dec - 8th jan. Wow so excited, revision, revision, revision!!
broke up today, woo :tongue:
Reply 49
I broke up! Yay!
Reply 50
14th Dec - 8th Jan
i broke up at 12pm today and go back on the 9th January. i didn't think that was a long break as it's only one week longer than autumn half term, but it obviously is :redface:
Term finished today (15th) and I start work again on the 3rd Jan.
Charlotte7290
i broke up at 12pm today and go back on the 9th January. i didn't think that was a long break as it's only one week longer than autumn half term, but it obviously is :redface:
For a school it's a really long break for Christmas. Most places only have 2 weeks, yet you have three. Half terms are nomrally 1 week at most places, Easter 2 weeks and the summer 6, with the occasional year it being 7 weeks.

Of course this varies from place to place slightly, but most schools have 38 teaching weeks, 13 holiday weeks and 1 week (5 days of training). Of course, collages separate from schools will likely be much different to this pattern.
Reply 54
i broke up at 10.05 am yesturday and go back 10am on 3rd january, but my mate broke up on december 4th and goes back january 15 :eek: lucky her!!!!
Reply 55
20th to the 4th then exams from the 11th to the 2nd of february nearly every oda day
Reply 56
22nd-8th :smile: I wish I ahd stayed at my old school where my brother currently attend: They got from 13th -11th :frown:
Today's my first day off, until January 2nd.

My friend has from the 14th-8th. Darn him.
Reply 58
BeesKnees
20th December to 4th Jan. I officially have one of the meanest colleges. Also, at my college, when you have a morning exam you still have to go to your afternoon lessons :eek:. The christmas break is our study leave for exams grrrrrrrrrr

:ditto: but 3rd January.
Flipping borough wide crap holidays
Break up this Friday (22/12). Go back 8/01. Exams that week! :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending