The Student Room Group

Should I be offended?

I was introduced to an old friend that I haden't seen since we were kids and 11 years later I saw her for the first time, and all she said was that my face stayed the same but I got really long, was that a subliminal insult that I had a boys face I was clean-shaven but my work adheres to being clean-shaven at work.

But I'm getting kind of paranoid, thinking that I might have a child like face.:confused:

I mean I'm sure any man would take offense to that, right?

Wouldn't you be offended?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by purple hills
I was introduced to an old friend that I haden't seen since we were kids and 11 years later I saw her for the first time, and all she said was that my face stayed the same but I got really long, was that a subliminal insult that I had a boys face I was clean-shaven but my work adheres to being clean-shaven at work.

But I'm getting kind of paranoid, thinking that I might have a child like face.:confused:

I mean I'm sure any man would take offense to that, right?

Wouldn't you be offended?

"But I got really long" what? :biggrin: people generally do get taller when they grow up lol

No I don't think she meant it offensively, perhaps she meant you've still got some boyish charm about you :smile:
Original post by CherryWine
"But I got really long" what? :biggrin: people generally do get taller when they grow up lol

No I don't think she meant it offensively, perhaps she meant you've still got some boyish charm about you :smile:

I doubt it, that was the first thing she said, was that my face stayed the same, but that I got really long.

While laughing really loudly.
:/
I doubt it, that was the first thing she said, was that my face stayed the same, but that I got really long.

While laughing really loudly.
:/

Probably just a really bad sense of humour then lol, I'm sure you look fine :smile: honestly don't worry about what she said. You should have replied with "That's funny, you're face is now covered in wrinkles and I'm sure you've shrunk." She wouldn't be laughing then.
Reply 4
If you have to ask whether or not you should be offended,you have no right to even be offended because you have not got the understanding of the comment to even be offended by the it.

Also I see nothing of offense in her comment all shes basically saying is your face has not changed much, really I think it is you being paranoid and making something out of nothing. Perhaps it's because you are attracted to her and so instead of just seeing it as a fair comment you make more out of it then it is.
(edited 9 years ago)
Probably just a really bad sense of humour then lol, I'm sure you look fine :smile: honestly don't worry about what she said. You should have replied with "That's funny, you're face is now covered in wrinkles and I'm sure you've shrunk." She wouldn't be laughing then.

I have the face of a boy.:frown:

I don't know whether I should be complimented by that or offended?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
If you have to ask whether or not you should be offended,you have no right to even be offended because you have not got the understanding of the comment to even be offended by the it.

What?:hmmmm:

I understand that she tried telling me that I had the face of a boy, but I'm kind of mixed on whether that that was a derogatory term or a compliment?
I have the face of a boy.:frown:

I don't know whether I should be complimented by that or offended?

Compliment! When you're 60 you'll look like you're 20 :biggrin:
Reply 8
What?:hmmmm:

I understand that see tried telling me that I had the face of a boy, but I'm kind of mixed on whether that that was a derogatory term or a compliment?

Many guys get called baby face so what? It's not said to cause offense its simply an honest comment, would you rather she lie? Also see the edit in my previous post. All it really means is you have a youthful face.
Compliment! When you're 60 you'll look like you're 20 :biggrin:

Right, but girls don't find guys with boyish faces very attractive sooo, I'm kind of feeling mixed about the whole thing.:s-smilie:
Original post by Mancini
Many guys get called baby face so what? It's not said to cause offense its simply an honest comment, would you rather she lie? Also see the edit in my previous post. All it really means is you have a youthful face.

Baby face:frown:, I don't know what to make of that. I don't think girls find guys with baby faces very attractive?
Reply 11
Baby face:frown:, I don't know what to make of that. I don't think girls find guys with baby faces very attractive?

Nonsense
Original post by Mancini

Also I see nothing of offense in her comment all shes basically saying is your face has not changed much, really I think it is you being paranoid and making something out of nothing. Perhaps it's because you are attracted to her and so instead of just seeing it as a fair comment you make more out of it then it is.

Yes, I am not going to lie, I have a crush on her, but her laughing at the fact that my face is boyish is making me feel :frown:.
Original post by Mancini
Nonsense

It's not nonsense.:hand:
Right, but girls don't find guys with boyish faces very attractive sooo, I'm kind of feeling mixed about the whole thing.:s-smilie:

How old are you?
How old are you?

18 going on 19. Why?
Reply 16
It's not nonsense.:hand:

She laughed at me having a baby face, that hurts the feeling.:frown:

Yeah and you are hurt because perhaps you are attracted to her, she may have laughed but right now I am not sure if it was in a hurtful manner or not. It could all simply be your perception. To me it sounds like perhaps she did a friendly giggle,it's not that serious move on, she is an old friend unless you have romantic hopes with her stop over thinking it.
18 going on 19. Why?

That's why you have a young face when you're clean shaven then :biggrin:

Get some stubble before you meet her next time and show her what you're made of lol
That's why you have a young face when you're clean shaven then :biggrin:

Get some stubble before you meet her next time and show her what you're made of lol

No, I give up on her, she insulted me.:frown:

I will not be doing anything to impress her.
Original post by Mancini
Yeah and you are hurt because perhaps you are attracted to her, she may have laughed but right now I am not sure if it was in a hurtful manner or not. It could all simply be your perception. To me it sounds like perhaps she did a friendly giggle,it's not that serious move on, she is an old friend unless you have romantic hopes with her stop over thinking it.

I kind of wanted to ask her out, but I guess I can't now, Cherrywine who's a female just confirmed that the girl would probably laugh in my face.:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending