The Student Room Group

Warwick - Verification of Qualifications

Hello everybody,

As part of my conditional offer to study at Warwick I was asked to verify my qualifications. Below is what was written in the offer email.

Spoiler

Basically, do they want verification of all the exams I have ever taken? If so, what document would they need for the school or college exactly? I left my secondary school five years ago now so would they still have this information?
Original post by L'Etudiant
Hello everybody,

As part of my conditional offer to study at Warwick I was asked to verify my qualifications. Below is what was written in the offer email.

Spoiler

Basically, do they want verification of all the exams I have ever taken? If so, what document would they need for the school or college exactly? I left my secondary school five years ago now so would they still have this information?

You applied cambridge math, right. What was outcome?
Hello everybody,

Spoiler

They want verification of GCSEs it looks like, those would be the exam grades that you'd have entered into UCAS. And they want proof of reference, you'll have to ask your referee. Seems clear to me, unless I'm missing something
Reply 3
Original post by HeavisideDelts
You applied cambridge math, right. What was outcome?

I was invited to interview but could not attend, so I withdrew my application.

Original post by yabbayabba
They want verification of GCSEs it looks like, those would be the exam grades that you'd have entered into UCAS. And they want proof of reference, you'll have to ask your referee. Seems clear to me, unless I'm missing something

If that is the case then I just hope that my old secondary school still has the information/ documents they need. I'm surprised they did not ask for my more recent qualifications. I shall call them again tomorrow to verify. Last time I called I couldn't verify as person on the phone sounded like they didn't want to talk :rolleyes:

If that is the case then I just hope that my old secondary school still has the information/ documents they need. I'm surprised they did not ask for my more recent qualifications. I shall call them again tomorrow to verify. Last time I called I couldn't verify as person on the phone sounded like they didn't want to talk :rolleyes:

Don't you have your GCSE certificates? I was sent mine by my school. But if you don't you'll have to get them I guess. Are you international is that why they're asking you perhaps? Assuming you're applying for an undergraduate degree all they care about is GCSE and A-Level grades really
Reply 5
Original post by yabbayabba
Don't you have your GCSE certificates? I was sent mine by my school. But if you don't you'll have to get them I guess. Are you international is that why they're asking you perhaps? Assuming you're applying for an undergraduate degree all they care about is GCSE and A-Level grades really

I have all of my certificates, would scanned copies be enough to verify my qualifications? From reading the email I assumed they wanted an official email from my school stating I achieved such and such GCSEs at the school.

If that is the case then I can do this tomorrow itself! I will call to make sure though, thank you! :smile:
I have all of my certificates, would scanned copies be enough to verify my qualifications? From reading the email I assumed they wanted an official email from my school stating I achieved such and such GCSEs at the school.

If that is the case then I can do this tomorrow itself! I will call to make sure though, thank you! :smile:

Yes scan them, they won't want or need the originals - you should have those. Why would they need a letter stating you achieved the grades when the certificate does that? You're just going to have to get your referee to contact them

Why could you not attend :0
Reply 8
Original post by HeavisideDelts
Why could you not attend :0

I was in excruciating pain and pretty much lived at the hospital for almost two weeks. I did not know how long treatment was going to take either :/.
I could have waited a year and reapplied but since I already am a mature student I couldn't wait any longer, so I withdrew and hoped my other choices would give me offers :smile:
I was in excruciating pain and pretty much lived at the hospital for almost two weeks. I did not know how long treatment was going to take either :/.
I could have waited a year and reapplied but since I already am a mature student I couldn't wait any longer, so I withdrew and hoped my other choices would give me offers :smile:

oh thats a shame, sorry to hear that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending