The Student Room Group

Girls, why do you tell your partner when you've been hit on?

Is it just an innocent thing because you think they should know or is there a hidden agenda? Like, you want them to think they have something special that other people want so your partner puts more effort into you and the relationship?
I wouldn't tell them :smile:
I've never felt the need to tell any guy I'm seeing/going out with. I feel like it would come across as bragging and that wouldn't be my intention.
I only tell him if it was someone who made me feel uncomfortable/ was really insistent about it. Or sometimes when it's funny - I.e. I had one man walk past me and say "my beautiful lady" to me recently and I thought it was hilarious :lol:
I do if they're funny/awkward ones :lol: and it's only meant in an innocent way. Like one time someone asked for my number and I said "no I've got a boyfriend" and then the guy said "so why don't you take it for the next time he upsets you" :rofl:. My boyfriend tells me when it happens to him as well :h:.
I would only say if it was funny or cringy (like the posters above have said).

If it was a genuine thing I would be interested in, and would have said yes to if I didn't have a bf, then no I wouldn't tell him - there's no point starting insecurity.
Because they want to see how their fella reacts...... some girls like A) The ego boost B) Want to test how the guy reacts
Original post by C_tinie_D
Is it just an innocent thing because you think they should know or is there a hidden agenda? Like, you want them to think they have something special that other people want so your partner puts more effort into you and the relationship?

No hidden agenda here. I do it so that he or she knows with whom they're getting into a threesome.
My boyfriend tends to be there when it happens :rofl: :facepalm:
Original post by carasezmoo
There was one time where a vet asked me out for dinner in a post mortem room.
I just had to tell my boyfriend about that because it was such a strange experience.

Was it your pet that had died?
I do it when it's offensive so my bf can beat the guy up and we have hot sex after :smile:
Original post by carasezmoo
There was one time where a vet asked me out for dinner in a post mortem room.
I just had to tell my boyfriend about that because it was such a strange experience.

You should've said yes. Silly girl.
I've done it in the past so that he was aware I could get others if I wanted but I was committed to him. That sounds awful written down, but our relationship wasn't plain sailing and he also couldn't understand why I was with him so I guess it was reassurance for him in a way..

Posted from TSR Mobile
my long term ex and I used to tell each other when we got hit on and chatted up. We had a laugh about it, wasnt any jealousy in regards to it.
I wouldn't feel the need to tell them as long as it was innocent. If it extends beyond that or into the realm of humorous then I may tell them, depends how I feel.
I only tell my partner if it was someone we know who done it such as a friend or if it made me feel uncomfortable or if it were funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Conversation usually goes like:
Me: "Some guy(s) were eye raping me/approached me the other day/week"
Him: "Oh really? Why didn't you tell me earlier?"
Me: "Dunno, haven't really thought about it"
Him: "Ok..."
*Change of subject*

He gets a little annoyed if/when I don't tell him. He feels quite insecure in our relationship (as do I for similar reasons to him) so he sees me getting attention a threat. At the same time he loves it. He loves it more than he dislikes it. He gets off on the idea that other guys want me but only he can have me. Strange man.
Reply 16
Original post by Vixen47
Conversation usually goes like:
Me: "Some guy(s) were eye raping me/approached me the other day/week"
Him: "Oh really? Why didn't you tell me earlier?"
Me: "Dunno, haven't really thought about it"
Him: "Ok..."
*Change of subject*

He gets a little annoyed if/when I don't tell him. He feels quite insecure in our relationship (as do I for similar reasons to him) so he sees me getting attention a threat. At the same time he loves it. He loves it more than he dislikes it. He gets off on the idea that other guys want me but only he can have me. Strange man.

Did you report the guy for raping you?
Original post by Carpe Vinum
I only tell him if it was someone who made me feel uncomfortable/ was really insistent about it. Or sometimes when it's funny - I.e. I had one man walk past me and say "my beautiful lady" to me recently and I thought it was hilarious :lol:

did he lay his coat across the ground before you and tip his fedora too?
I tell as a simple way to make conversation with my partner. Besides,I would want my partner to tell me should he have been hit on,so I guess I'm just extending him the same courtesy.
But my ex did tell me he preferred not to know though,for some reason. :/
Original post by sacca
Did you report the guy for raping you?

I didn't say rape. I said eye rape. That's a term I use for those unusually long, uncomfortable stares guys tend to give that make you feel violated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending