The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Because he has not shown his motives to be politically motivated.
Original post by Daenerys...
Don't you think it's strange that the T word hasn't been used, at least not yet, to describe the situation and the pilot? I mean isn't this what the T word is meant to be used for?

No

Get a dictionary
Don't you think it's strange that the T word hasn't been used, at least not yet, to describe the situation and the pilot? I mean isn't this what the T word is meant to be used for?

Well unless you think he was martyring himself in the holy name of Suicide, then no.
Inb4 he's white so he can't be a terrorist
Reply 5

What were his political motivations?
Reply 6
Original post by DiddyDec
Because he has not shown his motives to be politically motivated.

We don't know that. Even before the intelligence on what "really" happened was recovered it was dismissed as terrorism really quickly which is strange because usually people throw that word around way too much.
We don't know that. Even before the intelligence on what "really" happened was recovered it was dismissed as terrorism really quickly which is strange because usually people throw that word around way too much.

It doesn't really have the hallmark of terrorism does it? No obvious religious affiliations, he didn't crash the plane into an area of high-density population, he was white...
We don't know that

Yes we do:rolleyes:

Unless you can show us where he has shown his motives to be politically motivated.

It does not have the markings of a terror attack.
He's white. Stupid western media

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Viva Emptiness
It doesn't really have the hallmark of terrorism does it? No obvious religious affiliations, he didn't crash the plane into an area of high-density population, he was white...

:lolwut:

I don't know what his affiliations are that's a question for the german investigators. However we didn't have this information in the beginning, which is my point, that even when none of the black box info was known or the voices he wasn't called a terrorist.

Original post by PopaPork
Yes we do:rolleyes:

Unless you can show us where he has shown his motives to be politically motivated.

No we don't, the investigation is still on-going.
(edited 9 years ago)
Because having mental health problems =/= terrorism.

Also, why not call in terrorism rather than 'the t-word'?
From a previous thread of mine:

- White terrorists are part of a “fringe.” Other terrorists are apparently mainstream.

- White terrorists are “troubled loners.”

- White terrorists are random events, like tornadoes. Other terrorists are long-running conspiracies.

- Nobody thinks white terrorists are typical of white people. But other terrorists are considered paragons of their societies

- White terrorists are alcoholics, addicts or mentally ill. Other terrorists are apparently clean-living and perfectly sane.

- White terrorists are called “gunmen.” What does that even mean? A person with a gun? Wouldn’t that be, like, everyone in the US?
It does not have the markings of a terror attack.

Is it was an arab who crashed the plane,I'm sure you wouldn't be saying the same thing. Even if he was just a troubled pilot who had gone through a tough breakup with his girlfriend.
Original post by SmallTownGirl

I don't remember Anders breivik being called a terrorist even tho he belonged to a dangerous right wing group/had extreme views.
Original post by queen-bee
Is it was an arab who crashed the plane,I'm sure you wouldn't be saying the same thing. Even if he was just a troubled pilot who had gone through a tough breakup with his girlfriend.

Of course they would, Arabs have a reputation for terrorist attacks, especially involving planes.
Original post by SmallTownGirl

A similar case can be made for just IS.
Reply 18
Original post by queen-bee

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EgyptAir_Flight_990

Whilst the motivations where never fully discovered most experts believe it was a suicide on the part of the pilot. There was brief speculation of terrorism but that died pretty quickly.
Of course they would, Arabs have a reputation for terrorist attacks, especially involving planes.

So being white lets you off the hook right? Every time a crazy white guy commits and act of terrorism it's never that,they always manage to find another excuse to defend them and mentally ill always seems to be the #1 excuse (Anders breivik)

Latest

Trending

Trending