The Student Room Group

Do you feel bad about using AdBlock?

I don't. I figure that even if the website makes no money and dies as a result, the market will ensure a similar website will emerge. Also, it's okay for me to use AdBlock because not everyone else is going to use it. So I can use it as long as not everybody does.

Scroll to see replies

Nobody cares
Original post by CrapDunGoofed
Nobody cares

And yet here you are with a comment having read my post. :rolleyes:
hmmmm I don't feel to good about it because websites can make a little money from it, sometimes A LOT. But still it's not like everyone will stop using it, so might as well use it, plus it saves time, and ain't nobody got time to wait for a you tube advert, pfffffffffffft.
Original post by TheGuyReturns
And yet here you are with a comment having read my post. :rolleyes:

Reply 5
No. I hate ads.
I feel like it's a bit of a dick move if you use it for websites that you frequent a lot, as you're making it difficult for them to make cash, whilst you enjoy the hard work they put into their content, it's also pointless to use if the adverts are just banners or are barely noticeable(like on this site). On the other hand, there are some websites, where the adverts are very intrusive and in many cases can make it very difficult to access what you want. In those cases, it's appropriate to use adblock, and they deserve it for being so inconsiderate.
(edited 9 years ago)
you're a bit daft if you don't use adblock...why waste your time
Original post by bittr n swt
you're a bit daft if you don't use adblock...why waste your time

Adblock is one of those things that should remain unpopular. If it becomes too popular, I imagine we would see more sites charging subscription, that or the quality(and frequency) of content would go down significantly.
I only use it for steaming website because the sheer amount of pop ups is unfathomable.
Reply 10
Many websites force you to remove adblock anyway.

I hope TSR won't do the same. :biggrin:
I HATE THOSE DAMN ADVERTS! Why would you even consider asking that question? I have Adblock AND Adblock plus installed even though it won't make a difference.
Original post by DiddyDec
I only use it for steaming website because the sheer amount of pop ups is unfathomable.

Why don't you just leave it on?
Original post by Angelo12231
Why don't you just leave it on?

Because I don't feel the need to use it all the time. And I quite like some adverts, especially the ones of youtube.
I tend to disable it for particular sites that I think need or deserve money the most. I just wish I could disable it for individual YouTube channels instead of having to have it off for the entire site.
Nope, the internet is enough of a mess already, why ruin my experience further with dumb and intrusive ads? I highly doubt the websites I frequent are missing my ad revenue anyways
Definitely don't feel bad about it.
Original post by Drewski
Definitely don't feel bad about it.

Ditto.
We constantly get annoying advertisements shoved in our faces, personally I'm going to block them when i can :grin:
Original post by DiddyDec
Because I don't feel the need to use it all the time. And I quite like some adverts, especially the ones of youtube.

Quick Reply

Latest