The Student Room Group

Men wearing makeup?

Just wondering, what's your opinion on men wearing makeup? preferably 18 year olds?

Edit: Just basic foundation and concealer etc. not eye makeup or anything like a drag queen.

Scroll to see replies

Stupid
I don't see what's wrong with it if he wants to wear it, I think eye liner looks quite cool too on some guys
Reply 3
It's weird in my opinion. But hey, if it works for you, don't let anyone tell you what not to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do what you want. Wanna wear a bit of makeup, go for it, wanna go full out, go for it.

It's time we stopped paying attention to gender restrictions.

Pretty
To cover up acne? Maybe.

The rest, nah.
Reply 7
Well I'd never do it.
Reply 8
Nothing wrong with men of all ages wearing make up at all. If you like the way it looks, go for it. The people who will criticise you for this choice are dinosaurs unworthy of any attention.
Reply 9
It's a no-no from me. It's perfectly fine to use face creams (nourishing and the like), but make up is excessive in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
God no
Reply 11
I don't give a ****
If its to cover up acne then its understandable. But if they just want to wear loads of makeup I'd find it a little weird but its their choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends how much you put on and how noticeable it is.

There are some male make up artists who wear make up but they do a full face of make up- but it looks amazing. However they make it obvious they are wearing it. Would you be trying to wear it discreetly or do you not care if it is noticeable?
Original post by CrimsonRainDrops
Just wondering, what's your opinion on men wearing makeup? preferably 18 year olds?

Edit: Just basic foundation and concealer etc. not eye makeup or anything like a drag queen.
I don't see a problem. Go for it!
Some men can actually look good in a bit of eyeliner... and if applied correctly, nobody should notice if it's just some concealer or something. I wouldn't object to a boyfriend wearing some.
I've worn concealer under my eyes for years as i've always had problems with dark eye circles. Nothing I try seems to get rid of them.
Reply 17
Personally I always wear make-up when I go out. You know, why not? Just 'cos I ain't got a vag, don't mean I can't put a bit of a touch-up on, does it?
I've only ever met two guys who wear foundation at my school, (I'm in sixth form.) Both are self-concious due to their acne problems, other than that I would be pretty put off because of personal taste, but if it works for them then I'm happy for them.
Well as a girl who wears makeup it would be a bit hypocritical to say its weird :biggrin: As long as its tasteful it's fine, the same goes for all genders in my opinion :smile:

Quick Reply