The Student Room Group

if you weren't getting any would you lose interest?

I'm just curious.

Say you've been regularly talking to someone for months, you've been on a couple dates and nothing has really happened in the physical sense. You've been taking it slow cos you realize the other person moves at a slower pace.

They've started to mention sex quite a bit , so it's confirmed they aren't uncomfortable talking about it. You even directly ask them if sex scares them and they are open and say they are waiting for the right person/time. They have made what seems to be innocent sexual jokes that include you, however when you meet up it's like you just about get a good bye kiss - you know the person is still a bit shy. You are/have been very patient and like the person quite a bit.

Would the fact you aren't getting any make you lose interest? If you can see the person is becoming more comfortable around you and slowly being more open, would you expect to get physical with them soon?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd lose interest as time went on, sure. If the relationship isn't going anywhere physically then that's a huge dimension of the relationship that's missing and personally I wouldn't wait around forever for it to materialise.

In the situation described, yes, it might get physical soon, but if it took that long just to start kissing, then probably sex would take months, and if they aren't comfortable talking about it, then there's no way to know exactly what kind of wait you're in for, or if they'll even be interested in sex at all.

If it were me, I'd only wait that long if they were really special, but I don't see how they could be if we weren't completely open with each other.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm just curious.

Say you've been regularly talking to someone for months, you've been on a couple dates and nothing has really happened in the physical sense. You've been taking it slow cos you realize the other person moves at a slower pace.

They've started to mention sex quite a bit , so it's confirmed they aren't uncomfortable talking about it. You even directly ask them if sex scares them and they are open and say they are waiting for the right person/time. They have made what seems to be innocent sexual jokes that include you, however when you meet up it's like you just about get a good bye kiss - you know the person is still a bit shy. You are/have been very patient and like the person quite a bit.

Would the fact you aren't getting any make you lose interest? If you can see the person is becoming more comfortable around you and slowly being more open, would you expect to get physical with them soon?

As a guy, I'd be getting slightly impatient, because you know, I do have certain needs, but if I thought that there was an opportunity for me to have something special with her, I'd be prepared to wait as long as I had to.
Reply 3
I'd be completely put off, definitely lose interest if there's no sex after a few weeks of talking. If I spend more than the usual amount of time talking to a woman, I'm doing it with the intention of wanting to get sex. I'd certainly never stick around for months if she wasn't giving it up! That's way too long. I might keep it going for two weeks but if she's not strongly hinting at sex after about a couple of weeks, then I'm out, that's where I draw the line. I wouldn't stick around chasing someone who's too shy and doesn't even know what she wants, girls like that really put me off. Luckily there are women who are willing to have sex early on and don't make such a huge fuss about it, always a breath of fresh air. I met a woman about a month ago and we had sex on the first day we met (and will be doing so again tonight behind her boyfriend's back) because she knew exactly what she wanted. We didn't have to dance around the subject, we both made it very clear to each other that we wanted the same thing. I don't like girls who play hard to get or play the role of the fragile, shy girl who doesn't know what she wants. Would not go there. If you don't want to have sex with a man, tell him that right at the start instead of making him crawl at a snail's pace trying to chase you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I push for sex as soon as possible. :sexface: If she's not putting out within a couple of dates, or is a virgin, then she gets ditched. I have no time for time-wasters. :naughty:
Reply 5
You are all very inconsiderate people. She is not some toy to be used and thrown away. Show more respect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MarriageSucks
I push for sex as soon as possible. :sexface: If she's not putting out within a couple of dates, or is a virgin, then she gets ditched. I have no time for time-wasters. :naughty:

Could I just clarify, that from your sig, you would only marry a virgin?
Reply 7
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Juicy J
I'd be completely put off, definitely lose interest if there's no sex after a few weeks of talking. If I spend more than the usual amount of time talking to a woman, I'm doing it with the intention of wanting to get sex. I'd certainly never stick around for months if she wasn't giving it up! That's way too long. I might keep it going for two weeks but if she's not strongly hinting at sex after about a couple of weeks, then I'm out, that'd where I draw the line. I wouldn't stick around chasing someone who's too shy and doesn't even know what she wants, girls like that really put me off. Luckily there are women who are willing to have sex early on and don't make such a huge fuss about it, always a breath of fresh air. I met a woman about a month ago and we had sex on the first day we met (and will be doing so again tonight behind her boyfriend's back) because she knew exactly what she wanted. We didn't have to dance around the subject, we both made it very clear to each other that we wanted the same thing. I don't like girls who play hard to get or play the role of the fragile, shy girl who doesn't know what she wants. Would not go there. If you don't want to have sex with a man, tell him that right at the start instead of making him crawl at a snail's pace trying to chase you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You sound like a bad boy haha x
Reply 9
No. Dorian Gray sounds like a 'bad boy'. He sounds like an arrogant, insecure little wuss.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bunny2014
You sound like a bad boy haha x

S L A G

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juicy J
I'd be completely put off, definitely lose interest if there's no sex after a few weeks of talking. If I spend more than the usual amount of time talking to a woman, I'm doing it with the intention of wanting to get sex. I'd certainly never stick around for months if she wasn't giving it up! That's way too long. I might keep it going for two weeks but if she's not strongly hinting at sex after about a couple of weeks, then I'm out, that'd where I draw the line. I wouldn't stick around chasing someone who's too shy and doesn't even know what she wants, girls like that really put me off. Luckily there are women who are willing to have sex early on and don't make such a huge fuss about it, always a breath of fresh air. I met a woman about a month ago and we had sex on the first day we met (and will be doing so again tonight behind her boyfriend's back) because she knew exactly what she wanted. We didn't have to dance around the subject, we both made it very clear to each other that we wanted the same thing. I don't like girls who play hard to get or play the role of the fragile, shy girl who doesn't know what she wants. Would not go there. If you don't want to have sex with a man, tell him that right at the start instead of making him crawl at a snail's pace trying to chase you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perfect freaking response. 10/10. A****. said everything i would've said and more. i take my hat of to you my sir.
i say this, as i have personally experienced everything you mentioned and i hold the exact same mindset you described in every. damn. situation. (except getting a girl in bed with me without her b.f.s' knowledge.. that is still in the works..)
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-

Thanks bbe x
I'd get put off by it, eventually, sure.
Even as a girl if the guy is being all sweet and innocent and isn`t hinting at sex after the first date. NO... what a waste of time
There is more to life than sex. How do you think homosexuals cope? And no, not just sodomy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Caspiian
You are all very inconsiderate people. She is not some toy to be used and thrown away. Show more respect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

'toy'? what..? tell that to all the girls chasing after rich and famous celebrities/public figures. are those people worthy of 'respect' as well or?

'inconsiderate'? how is not chasing after a girl because she plays hard to get/not know what she wants.. 'inconsiderate'? do females not enjoy sex as well? are humans not designed to chase after what they want?

you make it sound like as if it is the death penalty for females.
Original post by Anonymous
As a guy, I'd be getting slightly impatient, because you know, I do have certain needs, but if I thought that there was an opportunity for me to have something special with her, I'd be prepared to wait as long as I had to.

Original post by Caspiian

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm confused as to why I'm grouped with them? I've done nothing, but try and be a nice guy
Oh, sorry. I did not see your post. The others I mean... :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woah... you have been on TSR since 1999? Are you still a student?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending