The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Louisb19
Since our A-Level exams are quite soon I was wondering how much you lot are going to be revising per day. I'm personally aiming for 6hrs+ per day however I don't know if that is really going to happen.

I'm not going to set time targets but instead work targets. e.g. make notes and do questions on this chapter or do this past paper by 2pm etc.
I find that to be more effective because you could spend six hours reading something procrastinating and what not but this way you know you have definitely done work.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Will do two past papers per day that makes 3 hours minimum. Fill some hours with reviewing the exam papers and consolidating the area I got wrong in the exam papers.
I'm hoping to do at least five hours a day - 3 hours in the morning to consolidate notes/make mind maps/do quick questions, and then 2 hours in the evening to do past papers. Hopefully spreading it out this way will give me a chance to do other stuff bar revising :wink:

I've been unwell so I am ridiculously behind my school work too, so I have all that to catch up on too...yay :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Since our A-Level exams are quite soon I was wondering how much you lot are going to be revising per day. I'm personally aiming for 6hrs+ per day however I don't know if that is really going to happen.

I do agree with you but setting targets also helps for me. Like finish notes and do so many questions etc.
I wondered what subjects you do ???

I'm on a Politics USA residential for the first half of the holiday, which will be lots of fun - I'm lucky to get a place - but I won't be able to do much revision at all. :frown:

During the second week I want to do at least 6 hours a day... though there's a risk I'll end up procrastinating and watching Friends far too often. For my GCSEs, I took breaks far too regularly which led to results that could have been significantly better.
Reply 6
Original post by blueester
I do agree with you but setting targets also helps for me. Like finish notes and do so many questions etc.

I do Physics, Maths, Computing and History. I'm currently in year 12.
Reply 7
Original post by blueester

Yeah I do this. I make a schedule at the beginning of every week of things that I am going to do every day.
I'm hoping to revise around 4-5 hours but I'll most likely end up procrastinating for half of it, so it'll probably be just 1-2 hours of revision... :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Original post by ojj_12
I'm not going to set time targets but instead work targets. e.g. make notes and do questions on this chapter or do this past paper by 2pm etc.
I find that to be more effective because ypu could spend six hours reading something procrscinating and what not but this way you know you have definitely done work.

Never really thought of that before...

Great idea haha will definitely use that, cheers
I'm -aiming- about 6+ hours - but most importantly, I've made a checklist of things i want to get done so hopefully it should be a productive break! It's the quality that's more important than the quantity
3 hours of pastpapers in the morning (before 12pm).

3 hours of notes (anytime between 6pm and 12am)
no idea how..i plan on going through my mocks pinpointing specific targets and revising them,for english i plan on mindmapping quotes for each aspect/theme for psychology i plan on revising definitions and case studies and doing lots of past papers in the libray i hope...
Hopefully around 5 hours in the first week and then building it up to like 7 hours in the second week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

As much as i can while im awake (i start around 8/9am and im tired/cant concentrate effectively for revision around 2/ 3 pm) :smile: then i have the evening to relax, everyone should leave some time to relax over easter or you will be burnt out for exams :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
140 hours in the 2 weeks. Figure it out...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woah. How will you divide it? When do you wake up and go to sleep? 10 hours is a lot...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by grassntai
140 hours in the 2 weeks. Figure it out...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds like a ton. How would you go about doing that?
My aim is to finish my media notes by Monday. From there my aim is to get two maths/biology past papers (or one media) per day, with the exception of work days, plus any biology content studying it appears I need to do.

I'll probably get about a total of 5 hours per day, with a few exceptions for work and social life.
Going to be doing as much revision as I can as after the easter holidays end I'm only back at school for a week and then I'm on exam leave :0 My first exam is on the 1st of May

Latest