The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

6+ hours per subject per week and any sessions I miss I will timetable in for next week
im chilling ennit revision is for the weak ima wing it ennit
Reply 82
My boyfriend is an international uni student, he might be going back to India over summer so I'm staying with him for the easter holidays. So I'm doing like 4-6 hours on an average day, some days 2 hours and I've given myself a couple of days off. I thought I'd rather spend time with him and then do intense revision more close to my exams when I probably won't see much of him
(edited 9 years ago)
I just follow my college timetable, as in I get up and dressed for when my first lesson would be and I revise the subjects I would have during the times I'd have lessons in a college week. It helps maintain a routine because every other holiday I've slacked horribly and this time I actually know what I'm supposed to be doing with clear time slots. :tongue: Then I do some revision afterwards as I normally would when I got home.

But I'm not doing too much because I've had a few burnouts already and I'd rather do really focused revision closer to the time (when I can actually focus properly due to the pressure) than make myself sick again. :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
I had absolutely no clue as to what my Easter revision plan would be until I created a Study Planner through TSR! It's brilliant - it lets you prioritize your subjects on a scale of 0-100, it calculates how much time you'll have provided you know your exam dates and when you're free during Easter. It also takes into account commitments and you can select how many hours of study you'd like to do for each subject. I only wish I'd known about this in Year 12 - then I wouldn't have to schedule in my retakes!

(I'm not sure if it's attached but I've added a picture of my old timetable - I've readjusted it since then.)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HannahMFO
I had absolutely no clue as to what my Easter revision plan would be until I created a Study Planner through TSR! It's brilliant - it lets you prioritize your subjects on a scale of 0-100, it calculates how much time you'll have provided you know your exam dates and when you're free during Easter. It also takes into account commitments and you can select how many hours of study you'd like to do for each subject. I only wish I'd known about this in Year 12 - then I wouldn't have to schedule in my retakes!

(I'm not sure if it's attached but I've added a picture of my old timetable - I've readjusted it since then.)

can you show me your timetable?
Reply 86
Original post by Master Sam
Ahahaha that's pretty cool! I did Chemistry last year and dropped it this year, I achieved AABB during AS however I didn't focus on knowing the mark schemes I focused on understanding the concepts inside out which meant lots of notes and it was very time consuming! but this year I want to i learn to implement both methods. What do you mean when you say 'knowing the mark schemes' ?

Understanding the concepts inside out definitely helps, and you must know it pretty much inside out. But that does not necessarily mean you are absolutely sure about what the question is asking, and what you must put down on the paper in order to gain the marks. You could write down everything you know about the topic on a question, but you will only gain maximum of 4 marks or whatever and the extra will just be ignored - which is a huge waste of time. However if you know roughly what sort of mark scheme the question will have, you can avoid wasting your time as well as the examiner's and be concise while ensuring you will get full marks.
To do this what you have to do is just do past papers then mark using the mark schemes. You might already do this, but pay a particular attention to words in bold etc. Soon you will see a set of questions which is frequently asked every year with slightly different or exactly the same wording. For those questions, the points you must make in order to gain marks are almost identical every time (because duh, they are asking the same thing). The number of marks allocated may be different each year so you may have to make an extra point in some year etc, but you want to put one extra anyway to be safe (while being concise).
Going to the library most days to do revision. Today I got in at 10.30 and left at 6. Probably a total of 1.5 hours worth of breaks so it was a good 6 hour session (same as yesterday). Work in the day... fun during the night :smile:
I'm gonna try and get around one and a half hours a day per subject - a bit more for french because of the impending oral exam... :frown: Maths I might have to do more. I don't know how to motivate myself though! :frown:
6 hours a day?!? You guys are making me feel guilty.
I have a checklist of revision I need to do, and I'm working on it at my own pace.
It's the Easter HOLIDAY.... so I'm taking a holiday. I'm not going to stress. My revision can fit in around my relaxing. :biggrin:
Our school is advising us to do 8-10 hours a day... I'm not sure how I feel about this. I think I will try and follow somebody else's suggestion of following the school timetable, because then my day will be divided up quite nicely. I will walk around the room/house a bit at the end of every 'class' though because being stuck behind a desk all day is quite frustrating! Adding up registration, break and lunch, I will have about 1 hour 10 mins free every day so that's about 5 hours and 20 mins of work...not bad... then I will do normal homework/revision after the 'school' day has finished to bring it up to 8 or 9 hours!
I'm doing 3 hours a day. I tend to find that this is enough, as long as I'm actually revising in an effective way during that time.
Hey Guys, im planning to do a whole 4 weeks before the exams ...JUST past papers..Is that a good idea?
ffs I've got such a bad mentality
For me i have lots of graphics coursework to do. About 2 hours of that a day and 1 hour revision for geography and 1 hour for ict. You people are mental trying to revise for 6+hours a day. You will just end up breaking down.
Original post by alevels2k15
Hey Guys, im planning to do a whole 4 weeks before the exams ...JUST past papers..Is that a good idea?

Sounds good, maybe aim for 3 hours of revision a day
Finishing all my notes this week then do past papers from next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Original post by strawberrysnow
Finishing all my notes this week then do past papers from next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

same here people forget how important notes are!!
7-8 hours most days week 1
5-6 hours some days week 2
8-10 hours every day week 3
Seven hours isn't enough for me...... Gotta take tons of notes, pass papers, coursera, extra reading.... And I decided to come here

Latest