The Student Room Group

not sure if its worth dropping or not

im in yr12, studying AS english lit, AS english lang, AS art and AS media.
im doing fine in all but art. the thing is, i cant be bothered to do the work in art. im not enjoying it at all. i want to drop it and do 3 AS levels this year only and take up maths AS next year along with A2 eng lit, lang and media. i really regret not taking maths and choosing art instead. i realise it is far far to late to pick up maths now. but at this stage should i drop it? cos im really not enjoying it.

just wondering if that is the best thing to do.
Reply 1
Drop it now and work on getting the best grades in English Media, Literature and Language. You can chose to study AS Maths (or anything better than art!) next year.
If you don't like it then drop it. I dropped an AS in the first year and picked up AS maths in year 13 and loved it.
Dr_Evil_666
im in yr12, studying AS english lit, AS english lang, AS art and AS media.
im doing fine in all but art. the thing is, i cant be bothered to do the work in art. im not enjoying it at all. i want to drop it and do 3 AS levels this year only and take up maths AS next year along with A2 eng lit, lang and media. i really regret not taking maths and choosing art instead. i realise it is far far to late to pick up maths now. but at this stage should i drop it? cos im really not enjoying it.

just wondering if that is the best thing to do.
Yeah, I think that's the right thing to do. If you're not enjoying, there's really no point in continuing with it. Best to concentrate on the 3 you enjoy most :smile:
Reply 4
If you're not enjoying it, drop it. And it may still be possible to pick up AS Maths... if you can't, perhaps it might help if you self-study it for a bit so that you can keep it fresh in your mind next year.
Reply 5
If you don't need Art for the future career you want or into the course you want to do at Uni then drop it.
Like everyone else has said, I also advice you to drop it and concentrate on your other subjects, because art does seem to consume quite a lot of time. You could spend that time on your other three subjects and ensure that you get the best grade that you are capable of.
I agree with the others. My best friend did art (AVCE/Applied A-level though)and it took up by far the biggest amount of her time. If you're not enjoying it, it's just an added stress you could do without. Drop it and spend the time getting the best grades you can in your other subjects, plus maybe doing some preparation for AS maths, even if it's just recapping on the GCSE material.
yach i remember the ludicrous amount of art work in gcse, couldn't go through that again..
Reply 9
I think you should drop it if you dont enjoy it, because if you dont enjoy you arent going to do the work, not going to do well and then it would just be a waste of time :smile:

Drop it, concentrate on your other subjects, get good grades and take up maths next year :smile:

And yay for English lang and Media! Im doing them too

Latest

Trending

Trending