The Student Room Group

GCSE Science ISAs

Does anyone have any idea about the grade boundaries for the Chemistry Core Science ISA (AQA)? I've recently done mine, and overall got 46/50 (19/20 paper 1, 27/30 paper 2). Also, I'm pretty clueless when i comes to the ISA system, what do they mean? Do we do one for each course? etc, any info will be much appreciated!:smile:
Firstly- excellent work!!! Those are great results!

I'm assuming your teacher has marked these and given you the results, so this is where I put a slight downer on things. This result will have to be moderated by the exam board (they check a few papers for each school and can change how the teachers give grades) so the result may go up or down.

We don't know what the grade boundaries are until they are published after the exams, but last year 44/50 was an A*

The ISA is 25% of your GCSE, so depending on how many science GCSE'S you're sitting will determine the number of ISAs you sit. Triple students will need 3, double 2, single 1.
Reply 2
Original post by kjjmurphy
Does anyone have any idea about the grade boundaries for the Chemistry Core Science ISA (AQA)? I've recently done mine, and overall got 46/50 (19/20 paper 1, 27/30 paper 2). Also, I'm pretty clueless when i comes to the ISA system, what do they mean? Do we do one for each course? etc, any info will be much appreciated!:smile:

A* - 96 UMS iirc was last year. This year will almost certainly be very close.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending