The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Institutional racism/sexism does not exist in the UK.

Institutional racism is a concept taken from the pre civil rights era American South.

Institutional racism can only exist if there are specific laws on the books which discriminate against certain groups of people. But there are no such laws which exist within the UK. In fact, its illegal to discriminate against anyone on the grounds of their race, so institutional racism is therefore illegal and does not exist.

Yes, some individuals within institutions can be racist, but that does not mean the entire institution is itself racist.....that would be like saying the entire Islamic community are terrorists because some muslims are terrorists.

Race relations in the UK would be a lot better if people didn't recite pre civil rights era terminology as if it was scripture.

There is no institutional racism in the UK. Why then do people insist that there is?

The same applies to sexism. There is no institutional sexism in the UK either. ( Except for in Mosques, where segregation of men and women is still considered legal under British law. )
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Says a white guy, huh?
Original post by jedanselemyia
Says a white guy, huh?

No, i'm mixed.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by capitalismstinks
Cool, so you have white family too then. Why do you think demonising half of your family is 'uncle Tom'?'Uncle Tom' is another one of those American imports which 'anti-racists' like to spew out because they have no original ideas.Challenging racist and divisive narratives isn't 'uncle Tom'. Its anti racist.

Why does being for racial equality mean demonising my white family?
White privilege is real and truth be told member of my white family have a hard time wrapping their minds around it.
What's so wrong about using these terms, if they accurately describe certain types of behaviour?
Do you white people need help from mixed people like us to combat the "racism that's against them"?
Little analogy here. So does the black market not exist then because legally there's no law that legitimises the selling of illegal goods or ?
Institutional racism is slightly more deeper than a couple of laws that says xyz. Idk just a tad :smile:
Says a white guy, huh?

So his point is less valid because of skin colour?
Original post by DiddyDec

His point is less valid because he may not ever go through whatever he's trying to disprove. It's like sitting on a throne and complaining that beggars aren't really poor. They're just lazy.

Nope, because it would be easy of him to say that racism and sexism do not exist if he's a white man that doesn't have to go through that **** daily.
Original post by Chellecharity
His point is less valid because he may not ever go through whatever he's trying to disprove. It's like sitting on a throne and complaining that beggars aren't really poor. They're just lazy.

So the answer to the question is yes, you believe his point is less valid because of the colour of his skin.

I smell racism.
Nope, because it would be easy of him to say that racism and sexism do not exist if he's a white man that doesn't have to go through that **** daily.

So because of the colour of his skin?
So the answer to the question is yes, you believe his point is less valid because of the colour of his skin.

I smell racism.

Discrimination? Yes, maybe so. Racism? No, not sure that's even possible lol you tried though
Discrimination? Yes, maybe so. Racism? No, not sure that's even possible lol you tried though

Racial discrimination in fact, also know as racism.
So the answer to the question is yes, you believe his point is less valid because of the colour of his skin.I smell racism.

You're deliberately not trying to understand.
You're deliberately not trying to understand.

I understand that you are trying to say that the OPs opinion is less valid because of the colour of his skin.
Racial discrimination in fact, also know as racism.

Racial prejudice and racism are not the same thing
Racial prejudice and racism are not the same thing

First it was discrimination on the grounds of race now it is prejudice. You don't even seem to know what your own position is.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3Adiscrimination
First it was discrimination on the grounds of race now it is prejudice. You don't even seem to know what your own position is.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3Adiscrimination

You can analyse my responses to the last full stop however you're clearly avoiding the topic of matter? Lool
You can analyse my responses to the last full stop however you're clearly avoiding the topic of matter? Lool

I'm not avoiding anything. You have been blatantly racist, believing that the OPs point is less valid due to the colour of their skin. Well done.
Good debating skills, bravo.

Oh plug it. Debating with you on such topics is pointless since you're not willing to understand anything.
Besides, this thread will end up in the Recycle Bin soon enough :h:
Anyone that denies institutional racism and sexism is in complete and utter denial. Wake up.

Latest

Trending

Trending