The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

One Quarter Of Students Consider Sex Work

Nearly a quarter of students in the UK have considered sex work as a way to fund their time at University. A study carried out by academics at Swansea University has found that 5% of students have actually worked in the sex industry. More than half of those said they did so in order to pay for basic living expenses.

http://news.sky.com/story/1453464/one-quarter-of-students-consider-sex-work
Don't spend all your money on partying and clothes. I've already planned out my budget and costs and should be set. Should have an extra 2k in the bank just in case anything goes wrong though.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by WilliamSlim
Don't spend all your money on partying and clothes. I've already planned out my budget and costs and should be set. Should have an extra 2k in the bank just in case anything goes wrong though.

Well the General Elections are just around the corner and seriously I don't see how the outcome is going to benefit anyone anyways. The youth unemployment rate will go above the current 1 million mark, people from outside UK will come in and continue to use the NHS for free and take most of the entry level jobs due to their willingness to accept lower wages, so I guess I'll take a student loan to pay for uni but all this time knowing that I won't pay it back because I know the government will write off the loan anyway and my selfish act will deprive someone else who is worthy of not only a place at uni but also having the means and intention to pay back the student loan, I will graduate from uni but I won't be able to find a job and so what do I do then? Simple! Live off of welfare benefits and take holidays around the world.

Life's good :tongue:
Yeah, they're most likely women though.
Original post by Dilzo999
actually I heard it was the opposite
Original post by Dilzo999

Do you have some statistics you could share with us on how you arrived at that conclusion?

actually I heard it was the opposite

You too. could you link me to some stats?
Original post by Vanessa Leah
Do you have some statistics you could share with us on how you arrived at that conclusion?

You too. could you link me to some stats?

"It claims nearly 5% of them had actually worked in the sex industry and male students were more likely to become involved than women." - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-32068673

You going to Swansea University?

You going to Swansea University?

Maybe. Let's see.

Quick Reply

Latest