The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Student from NYC for Politics BA- Choosing Between Columbia University and Exeter

Hi everyone! I am from New York City and I just received an offer for the Politics BA at Exeter beginning in September 2015. I have to choose between Columbia University and Exeter but I am currently leaning towards Exeter because it seems like a more unique opportunity. I just have a few questions:

1. How would you rate the Politics department at Exeter? Is it comparable to other top universities in the UK?

2. I was also just wondering what it is like being an American undergraduate at Exeter— what is the general opinion of Americans? Also, just of curiosity, has anybody traveled to the US before, specifically NYC? What did you think?

3. I guess that this sounds pretty stereotypical but how is the food at the catered accommodations? :smile:

Thank you!
(edited 9 years ago)
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Politics

this is the answer to your first question. as far as views on americans are concerned it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks. most uk universities are very cosmopolitan and have exchanges with the usa hong kong Australia and other European countries. Exeter has exchanges with a number of us universities so you will find americans there and probably most other nationalities too
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending