The Student Room Group

English lit as aqa b

Hi I'm doing this exam this year with Auden, Lawrence, Kite Runner and Tennyson, just wondering if anyone had any advice or model essays particularly one on james Honeyman as my english teacher said it's likely that will come up :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

It's best to revise all of Auden's poetry.

My teacher told me last year that "James Honeyman" was likely to come up and therefore, I was paying more attention on that poem.

Big mistake.

When I opened the real exam booklet, "September 1st 1939" came up for Auden and I was so shocked that I answered the other text on Section A which was "The Rime of The Ancient Mariner". Again, BIG MISTAKE!

I'm retaking that unit, so hopefully it all goes well.

Please revise ALL the Auden poems in the anthology as you never know which ones will come up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Make some mind maps relating to themes and finding supporting quotes for each text, revise the texts into depth and do LOTS of practice papers because that will help you to structure your answers, and teachers can mark it to give you constructive feed back.

Hope this helps and good luck!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I do Tennyson, Rossetti, Great Gatsby and The Road, what I do is meet up with a friend and go through the narrative techniques together divided into Form Structure Language, we also talk about themes. It is useful to revise like that as you get to bounce ideas off of each other. And I even do some books by myself, after reviewing the content do past papers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending