The Student Room Group

Really worried I won't get the grades

So doing my GCSEs at the moment, and it's the start of the Easter holidays. I have so much revision and so little time to do it. And I'm not the brightest. This leads on to my next point of the fact that I can settle for b's and c's. At my school, everyone is ridiculously clever and you have to get a certain (v high) amount of points to get into the sixth form, which I really want to go too. I haven't been predicted any A*. I'm one of about 3 in my year who hasn't been predicted any A*s. And i really want to achieve good grades. I can't bring myself to revise because firstly, I don't know what type of revision I should be doing, and secondly I hate revising so much and I've got so much to do. My first exam is on May 5th. This is my first post on here, thankyou in advance.
Original post by harrypotter&tea
So doing my GCSEs at the moment, and it's the start of the Easter holidays. I have so much revision and so little time to do it. And I'm not the brightest. This leads on to my next point of the fact that I can settle for b's and c's. At my school, everyone is ridiculously clever and you have to get a certain (v high) amount of points to get into the sixth form, which I really want to go too. I haven't been predicted any A*. I'm one of about 3 in my year who hasn't been predicted any A*s. And i really want to achieve good grades. I can't bring myself to revise because firstly, I don't know what type of revision I should be doing, and secondly I hate revising so much and I've got so much to do. My first exam is on May 5th. This is my first post on here, thankyou in advance.

Best way to revise is this:
1: Do a past paper
2: Mark it
3: Add important things you missed out in green pen
4: Revise topics you did badly on.
5: Do another past paper
6: Repeat 1-5

GCSEs are ridiculously easy and doing that method you are guaranteed an A at least.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by harrypotter&tea

this is literally me but im going to tru out different methods see what i like and what helps the info stay in my brain

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, read this post and START STUDYING NOW. Listen, I know revisiom sucks and not everyone likes it, but it's your future! Think of it as a game, something like "Who want to be millionaire?" - when you're not prepared you loose and your big chance is over.

I like revising by doing flash cards as they're the best way I can study. I compress the material to the absolute smallest (without leaving the important information out though!) and afterwards I will have only like 15 flash cards for a topic instead of my notebook, worksheets and textbook. It is much easier to study that way, it may seem stupid to rewrite those things of flash cards, but when you rewrite them you often reformulate the sencentes etc. and you study that way too!

Also, don't worry that you're not predicted a single A* - a girl in the year 11 at my school (she's doing IB now) wasn't predicted a single A* and ended up with 4 of them! Revision and practice is everything you'll need, so start revising now and stop worrying so much :smile:
Reply 4
Quick question can someone make a out the letters in this signature :smile:ImageUploadedByStudent Room1427537558.080080.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest