The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

bathroom situation

i know ive read somewhere that someone has already asked this question but couldnt find it so thought id post a new thread.....

so is it totally gross sharing a bathroom with loads of people?? cos ive applied to rootes as my first choice cos i heard it was the most lively, but it has shared bathrooms with about 100, 000 people (slight exaggeration i admit) but at first i wasnt arsed plus the en suite ones are just too expensive, so i thought it wouldnt matter to share. but now im worried my mate said it would be awful. im not prude cos i dont care about taking a shower or a dump in the same bathroom as others but is it a bit mingin? are they clean and are they mixed or single sex? its concerning me a little after my mate slating it!??
Reply 1
Apparently it's fine and you hardly ever have to wait for a shower/toilet in the morning. They get cleaned every day, and aren't minging. I'm in JM so I have my own toilet, but I've asked people about it, Westwood people who share a bathroom between 26, and they find it fine. More sociable too apparently.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
yeah, whenever i've visited mates in rootes i've never had to wait to use the toilet. Its not really a big deal (although perhaps the bathrooms could maybe do with renovating).
It is UK law that there must be 1 toilet for every 6 people in rented accommodation.
Reply 4
oh ok. so it shouldnt be too bad. cheers guys im at ease about the whole situation now! really hope i get rootes cos i cant remeber what my second choice was and i dont think i really thought it through so may end up somewhere i really dont want!!
Reply 5
i applied to rotes to and like u have no idea what my other choises were, i was also slightly worried about the whole sweaty students sharing thing, but hopefuly we will have a god time. because that what unis all about isn't it ?
Reply 6
hey there
I'm a final year student at Warwick and I lived in Rootes in the first year. First thing..its great, you will have the time of your life, there is no other halls that can even compare. Don't worry about the bathroom sharing; the cleaners are very good and will come round in the morning. There will be one shower per kitchen at least, and two or three toilets and then two baths. All these are in separate rooms at regular intervals through the corridor so all get used pretty much the same amount. They are not minging. The showers are all clean and so are the tiolets, and to be fair hardly anyone ever bothered to use the bath tubs cos they just took too long, you wanted to be out there with your mates having fun. Worst case, and this has happened a couple of times, that there is someone in the shower when you want to use it, probably at peak times, then just walk to the next kitchen along the corridor (about ten seconds, no lie!) and use theirs.
As for single sex, the only place that offers this is the top floor of Cryfield but I would avoid Cryfield at all costs. Far too many people per kitchen, and far too small and far out. The only thing its got going for it is the common rooms but then they are great.
Hope this has been useful.
Reply 7
pazmataz
The only thing its got going for it is the common rooms but then they are great.
Hope this has been useful.

Are great or aren't? My third choice is cryfield. First AV, second rootes. What are your thoughts?
Reply 8
I shouldn´t think sharing a bathroom would be a problem, unless you are chronically anal. Like everyones said, they are pretty squeaky clean, and you´d be paying another 20 quid a week to live furthur away and with less atmosphere just to have your own crapper. Bad deal I say.

But then, I´m backpacking around South America at the moment, so my personal hygiene (sp? Christ, I´m going to be an English student) is fairly suspect at the mo. So probs best to ignore me :wink:
Reply 9
Lee86
i applied to rotes to and like u have no idea what my other choises were, i was also slightly worried about the whole sweaty students sharing thing, but hopefuly we will have a god time. because that what unis all about isn't it ?

yes you're right! its gonna be fine and now pazmataz as really put my mind at rest and made me really excited about going! woo party time! so thank you! will see u then lee in rootes hopefully! maybe for some towel whipping in the bathroom who knows!! :biggrin:
Reply 10
bean4ian
yes you're right! its gonna be fine and now pazmataz as really put my mind at rest and made me really excited about going! woo party time! so thank you! will see u then lee in rootes hopefully! maybe for some towel whipping in the bathroom who knows!! :biggrin:

sounds fun, we'll deffinatly have to meet up and i'll even let u buy me a drink :tongue: If u can clean and cook too thats even better as im looking for a surrogate mother while i'm at uni ( only joking im actualy very domesticated) what course are you taking?
Reply 11
Lee86
sounds fun, we'll deffinatly have to meet up and i'll even let u buy me a drink :tongue: If u can clean and cook too thats even better as im looking for a surrogate mother while i'm at uni ( only joking im actualy very domesticated) what course are you taking?

yeh right, u'd be lucky! im doing theatre studies and you??
Reply 12
bean4ian
yeh right, u'd be lucky! im doing theatre studies and you??

Well providing i get my backside into gear and start some revision i will be doing Physics
Reply 13
Lee86
Well providing i get my backside into gear and start some revision i will be doing Physics

i know the feeling....at the moment its not looking good for me!

Latest