The Student Room Group

If you don't get approached in clubs does that mean your butters?

Butters as in ugly, not as in the dairy produce

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Not really, depends on whether you look approachable or not I suppose.

I can go out one night and have loads of people come up to me, flirting with me, trying it on with me etc... And then I can go out another night and no one will bother with me.

Not everyone goes out to pick up people, most people just go out to have fun and if they do pull then that's just an added bonus.
Nah, it's 99% about body language, no lie.
I don't rave much, but it varies from me. There's nights when my hot friends don't get approached and they are far from butters.
(edited 8 years ago)
Were you carrying your cat with you?

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Sometimes this is true.

There are some exceptions though, including the following;

- You're not dancing
- You're not drunk enough
- You're in a group with a lot of people
- You're not drunk enough
(edited 8 years ago)
..why not approach the guys yourself..?
If you want girls to approach you, you need to look and act friendly, funny, sociable, approachable. Smile at people, say hello to people at the bar etc.

If guys find that girls don't approach them, it might be because they're seriously ugly, but they need to put some effort in themselves to catch their attention.
Original post by cole-slaw
If you want girls to approach you, you need to look and act friendly, funny, sociable, approachable. Smile at people, say hello to people at the bar etc.

If guys find that girls don't approach them, it might be because they're seriously ugly, but they need to put some effort in themselves to catch their attention.

Or just stop expecting things to come to you. Take like by the horns, make something happen and stop being such a pansy all your life. The first part of your comment yes. But don't just say hello. Be polarizing.

Now I'm borderline average. But I do more than alright for myself. Reason being is I'm totally ridiculous.

So last night ill give you a few examples of conversations I had. One went well. One went bad, but that's my filter to see if I will get on well with someone or not.

I spoke to perhaps 30 people last night. The two I remember the most as they are at the extremes of the scale.

First thing I said to a girl at the bar was. "Ive had a really **** say because I had a trim downstairs earlier and it really tickles"

Such an off the wall comment. Im taking her for dinner and then into town later. To say shes a looker a bit of an understatement.

So why does that comment work. Less guys then you think would talk to her because of how good looking she is. It scares them off. The other guys whom do either play upto it or try to treat her like a piece of meat. When all you have to do is treat her as a human being and have fun yourself.

Now the second one. She hates me.

Smoking area. got talking. I made a bit of a teasing joke. Her reply. **** you! But not in an angry way. So i replied yeh go on then. "You shouldn't use that joke, its not funny".
Like I give a **** was my reply. Her friend thought I was funny and was laughing her head off.

I told a random girl to walk upto my friend whilst he was talking to a lass and say "Thanks for giving me chlamydia". She went to town on that one. Slapped him and all. It was brilliant!

Now for girls that don't get approached. Too good looking or in too big a group and this intimidates many guys.

Luckily for me this doesn't at all. Ill happily keep 10 peoples engagement on me for a few minutes. Ask if i can steal their friend then litereally carry her away a few meters.
Original post by Sam Walters
Or just stop expecting things to come to you. Take like by the horns, make something happen and stop being such a pansy all your life. The first part of your comment yes. But don't just say hello. Be polarizing.

Now I'm borderline average. But I do more than alright for myself. Reason being is I'm totally ridiculous.

So last night ill give you a few examples of conversations I had. One went well. One went bad, but that's my filter to see if I will get on well with someone or not.

I spoke to perhaps 30 people last night. The two I remember the most as they are at the extremes of the scale.

First thing I said to a girl at the bar was. "Ive had a really **** say because I had a trim downstairs earlier and it really tickles"

Such an off the wall comment. Im taking her for dinner and then into town later. To say shes a looker a bit of an understatement.

So why does that comment work. Less guys then you think would talk to her because of how good looking she is. It scares them off. The other guys whom do either play upto it or try to treat her like a piece of meat. When all you have to do is treat her as a human being and have fun yourself.

Now the second one. She hates me.

Smoking area. got talking. I made a bit of a teasing joke. Her reply. **** you! But not in an angry way. So i replied yeh go on then. "You shouldn't use that joke, its not funny".
Like I give a **** was my reply. Her friend thought I was funny and was laughing her head off.

I told a random girl to walk upto my friend whilst he was talking to a lass and say "Thanks for giving me chlamydia". She went to town on that one. Slapped him and all. It was brilliant!

Now for girls that don't get approached. Too good looking or in too big a group and this intimidates many guys.

Luckily for me this doesn't at all. Ill happily keep 10 peoples engagement on me for a few minutes. Ask if i can steal their friend then litereally carry her away a few meters.

I want to go clubbing with you man.
Yes.

i never get approached in clubs but when im at parties tons of guys do
i dont think its about looks
This is the Butters I was thinking of.
"If you don't get approached in clubs does that mean your butters? "

*you're

and no it doesnt
I don't think so; I think it's whether you look approachable. I don't get approached much but I genuinely think it's because I look very hostile towards people and/or I'm usually on my own so it's harder to tell if I'm friendly or not.
Reply 15
That's one reason, but not the only reason.
Reply 16
I've never been approached and I'm certainly not ugly. Just average really and at some angles moderately pretty.
Original post by katienurd
I want to go clubbing with you man.

Its not fun....

Most of my mates have to leave me to it for most of the night. They can only take small doses of me as I'm just too much. I tend to thrive on the awkward and put my self in those situations deliberately.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
I've never been approached in clubs yet I get cat called all the time. So no i don't think it has anything to do with how attactive you are :smile:.
Reply 19
Original post by scriberg
"If you don't get approached in clubs does that mean your butters? "

*you're

and no it doesnt

OMG I never thought I'd make that mistake in my life :frown: #ashamed

Quick Reply