The Student Room Group

Edexcel SNAB Biology Unit 5 Scientific Article Discussion. 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by imedico10
I know that they are independent but once the t killer cell binds to the APC, cytokines from t helper cells are needed to stimulate the differentation of t killer cells to memory t killer cells and active t killer cells.

Oh yeah OK good point. I'll check it out tmoro. Killer Ts don't come up very often do they?

Isn't Killer T Cell just such a cool name!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by imedico10
Hey guys, has anyone seen question 6c part 3 on jan 2010 unit 4, the mark scheme says that t killer cells increase in the first 6 weeks of infection. Isn't it the other way around because there would be less t helper cells available to activate t killer cells?

I reckon T Killers are increasing because they're activated and cloned by T Helpers due to the arriving infection. They will still be increasing in activity over the weeks but at a decreasing rate as Helpers kick starting them die from the HIV sabotage. (Imagine like a sinx curve from 0-90°)

I think that makes sense, hope so anyway! :ahee:
(edited 8 years ago)
For question 7 on this paper will we be able to answer all the questions just from knowing the specification knowlege and normal revision ? Or is there any thing we will have to specifically learn about protozoa/ toxoplasma/ wasps etc?
Reply 43
Original post by patrickcromb96
For question 7 on this paper will we be able to answer all the questions just from knowing the specification knowlege and normal revision ? Or is there any thing we will have to specifically learn about protozoa/ toxoplasma/ wasps etc?

I wondered that, teachers said no they won't request an answer you can't provide with your knowledge of the specification.
They might talk about this bug but they really just want you to apply what you've learnt to a new context like they do sometimes already in papers :smile:
Original post by ajcoo
I wondered that, teachers said no they won't request an answer you can't provide with your knowledge of the specification.
They might talk about this bug but they really just want you to apply what you've learnt to a new context like they do sometimes already in papers :smile:

ok thanks so we dont have to do any extra revision, should we just read through the article a few times and make ourselves familiar with it ? and focus our time on just revision of the course in general?
Reply 45
Original post by patrickcromb96
ok thanks so we dont have to do any extra revision, should we just read through the article a few times and make ourselves familiar with it ? and focus our time on just revision of the course in general?

Basically what I did was scribble all over the thing with topics that came to mind in each paragraph and made revision notes for them. Look at the Q7s on past papers it gives you an idea of what to expect
Reply 46
Well I thought that was quite a pleasant as these exams go, what about you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by ajcoo
Well I thought that was quite a pleasant as these exams go, what about you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

same here... and YAY it's all done :smile:
Hi I'm from Jordan can any one please tell tips on how to study the scientific article
And should I do past papers on them? Or should I only study the scientific article that I'm supposed to study?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending