The Student Room Group

Am a black girl who is labelled as "nice girl". AMA

Im incredibly bored, thats why

Scroll to see replies

What's your race got to do with you being labelled as a nice person?
Do you think being labelled nice is a bad thing?
Original post by Novascope
What's your race got to do with you being labelled as a nice person?

doesnt really. But the separate labels "nice girl" and the fact im black pretty much sums me up. :biggrin:
Original post by jedanselemyia
Do you think being labelled nice is a bad thing?

In a way yes because people see that and try to take advantage of that. Over the years i`ve learnt to draw lines.
Original post by knightandday
In a way yes because people see that and try to take advantage of that. Over the years i`ve learnt to draw lines.

I can relate so much! It's pretty annoying
Reply 6

As a black female do you experience any prejudice and if so how does that make you feel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BB1523
As a black female do you experience any prejudice and if so how does that make you feel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do but then so does everyone else. The prejudgement normally happens even before i speak, after that people tend to be quite surprised. its happens to me most places i go: i`ve been even described as a white-black girl, whatever that means :biggrin: :biggrin:

It used to bother me a lot but now I am like "i am going to do and act anyway i want and if people have a problem with it...well they know where to take their opinion :wink:"
Reply 8
I do but then so does everyone else. The prejudgement normally happens even before i speak, after that people tend to be quite surprised. its happens to me most places i go: i`ve been even described as a white-black girl, whatever that means :biggrin: :biggrin:

It used to bother me a lot but now I am like "i am going to do and act anyway i want and if people have a problem with it...well they know where to take their opinion :wink:"

Why do they call you white-black lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BB1523
Why do they call you white-black lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im gonna guess its because i look black but can come across white sometimes. hahahahahaa whatever that means.
It was a girls from botswana that called me that :tongue:
Reply 10
Im gonna guess its because i look black but can come across white sometimes. hahahahahaa whatever that means.
It was a girls from botswana that called me that :tongue:

Lol are you african?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BB1523
Lol are you african?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was born there!
I was born there!

What country?
Original post by Imperion
What country?

Nigeria. :smile:

I like everything from P-square to scouting for girls!
Reply 14
Nigeria. :smile:

I like everything from P-square to scouting for girls!

It seems like a lot of "black girls" are quite chilled about the ignorance and stereotypes and don't let it get to em

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same people expect me to be a bitch and to be ill mannered. They're quite surprised when I'm polite and easy going.lol But I have seen my inner black girl come out a few times...it's not a nice time!:colondollar:
Original post by BB1523
It seems like a lot of "black girls" are quite chilled about the ignorance and stereotypes and don't let it get to em

Posted from TSR Mobile

It some way we do but i`ve known from a very, very young age that these stereotype exist, so i had a long time to practice dealing and hiding the annoyance of it all. I would say its the same for almost all races.

It really shouldn`t be like that but unfortunately it is. The only way to cope is to chin up and live your life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koVHN6eO4Xg
Reply 17
I can relate, OP :biggrin: I've been called Oreo quite a few times lol. The sooner people understand individuals are individuals the better. Do you live in a multicultural area?
Reply 18
Original post by MissLalaxx
Same people expect me to be a bitch and to be ill mannered. They're quite surprised when I'm polite and easy going.lol But I have seen my inner black girl come out a few times...it's not a nice time!:colondollar:

Lol... What is your inner "black" like? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BB1523
Lol... What is your inner "black" like? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let's just say I have rage! I could cuss you out and point out flaws you didn't know you had basically. But I stopped that ages ago..maturity and all that.:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest