The Student Room Group

Models

Models are typically slender.

The media influences our perception of what's ideal for body image. Lots of girls get the impression that they need to be thinner even if their body weight is fine.

Ronda Rousey has been doing photoshoots and covers. She promotes stronger and healthier bodies.

Will we see a shift in what's considered ideal for body image in the media?

Do you find slender models attractive or girls with more weight?
I find Ronda attractive. :sexface:

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Aside from the flabby arms she looks barely any different from the VS ones above.

Before people go on about how the VS model are "too skinny" and "anorexic" please see what an actual unhealthy skinny person looks like:
Reply 2
I prefer smaller girls with less tan - and without wings in their back.:colonhash:
Reply 3
Original post by Strawberry68
Aside from the flabby arms she looks barely any different from the VS ones above.

There's a distinct difference.
Reply 4
I find none of them 'models' hot tbh, maybe the one of the far left most but wouldneverbang/10.

Imo, Ronda is hotter.
Reply 5

Before people go on about how the VS model are "too skinny" and "anorexic" please see what an actual unhealthy skinny person looks like:

It's unhealthy waaaay before you get to that stage
Original post by Phœnix
There's a distinct difference.

Both have toned thighs and stomachs, Ronda's arms are just bigger and not toned.
Rondo is not ugly or unattractive in any way regardless of who she's contrasted with, you're not some moral hero for finding her hot :laugh:
Reply 8
Original post by somemightsay888
Rondo is not ugly or unattractive in any way regardless of who she's contrasted with, you're not some moral hero for finding her hot :laugh:

Um, okay... you've missed my intentions for this thread by a long way.

I should report you for not spoilering that pic.
Original post by Phœnix
Um, okay... you've missed my intentions for this thread by a long way.

Oops - misread this on my phone :laugh: Sorry.

I agree anyway :smile:
All of them have faces that made me go "meh" so therefore all of those models in yer post are of "meh" attractiveness.

Body-wise I don't really have a preference one way or the other. Or at least not one I'm consciously aware of, the girls I've had crushes on all seem to have been of a more slender build, but body's like Ronda's are good too.

Idk my preferences are a mess
Original post by RobML
It's unhealthy waaaay before you get to that stage

Nowhere near as 'unhealthy' before you get to that stage. That is like saying someone who is a bit chubby is as unhealthy as someone who is 20 stone.

She hasn't got flabby arms, it's muscle. And she looks a lot better than the VS models.
The idea of the perfect women is changing again in society, with a large emphasis on being curvaceous
I find Ronda Rousey incredible man, she's so attractive!
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
She hasn't got flabby arms, it's muscle. And she looks a lot better than the VS models.

Did you even look at the picture in the spoiler? They don't look big in the photoshoot ones, that are obviously air brushed like all photoshoots.
Apart from the arms there isn't much difference between her and the VS. She doesn't look 'a lot' better than the VS, the are pretty much as good as each other.
Did you even look at the picture in the spoiler? They don't look big in the photoshoot ones, that are obviously air brushed like all photoshoots.
Apart from the arms there isn't much difference between her and the VS. She doesn't look 'a lot' better than the VS, the are pretty much as good as each other.

I did...it's still not flabby. This picture is from the same interview. What a flabby arm :rolleyes:.

Spoiler

Of course it is, what professional photoshoot for a magazine isn't airbrushed nowadays? She looks completely different to the stick thin VS girls.
Nowhere near as 'unhealthy' before you get to that stage. That is like saying someone who is a bit chubby is as unhealthy as someone who is 20 stone.

...what?
I couldn't really tell the difference...

Quick Reply

Latest