The Student Room Group

How do people stand smoking?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
I smoke and this isn't true..

Or maybe im just a fat kunt idk?

Well thats why they started and they claimed it worked (although I don't remember them losing a noticeable amount of weight at the time).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Silver Arrow
I went to a party yesterday and smoked weed laced with tobacco. Almost 24 hours later, i can still taste the tobacco in my mouth despite brushing my teeth twice and eating a pizza.

My gums also hurt and i think i can taste blood on my mouth too. Why the hell do people smoke? It's a ****ing disgusting habit!

I have no idea.. It IS rotten
Reply 42
I smoke because I enjoy it. I find cannabis smoke intolerable.

Hurting gums and tasting blood is not a normal reaction at all, if it isn't hyperbole I'd go to the doctors.
I went to a party yesterday and smoked weed laced with tobacco. Almost 24 hours later, i can still taste the tobacco in my mouth despite brushing my teeth twice and eating a pizza.

My gums also hurt and i think i can taste blood on my mouth too. Why the hell do people smoke? It's a ****ing disgusting habit!
It sounds like it gave you the cancer. You need to contact a doctor, a priest, and an undertaker as soon as possible.

However, smoking tobacco doesn't do that immediately. The taste goes after twenty minutes and the nicotine is out of your system well within twenty-four hours. Also your gums probably hurt and are bleeding because you brushed your teeth twice with what I imagine would be more than your usual vigour.
Original post by wsxcde
It will kill the tastebuds and harden the inside of the mouth too, also coat the lungs in tar.. so if you keep doing it you'll get used to it and it wont taste as bad or hurt. If I smoked now I'd cough a lot but a friend who smokes never does because his lungs are coated now

And you think this is a good thing, yes?
Original post by potatomaker
youre an idiot, normal and socially competent individuals don't care about people smoking because a lot of people do it, stop crying about it

What kind of babbling hysterical bull is this?
Wasn't the trip worth it ragazzi?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure if trolling.

I don't blame you for being suspicious of these facts. You are a victim of indoctrination. Smoking truly is the Jew of the modern age, subject to ridiculous vilification and with any mention of positive qualities denied and ignored in spite of the scientific evidence.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by frankieboy
What kind of babbling hysterical bull is this?

what I'm saying is normal, socially conpetent people don't bitch about other people's small habits
Original post by jambojim97
I do it twice a week because i enjoy the headrush. it's my guilty pleasure.

same tbh, if people dont wana smoke thats fine, but im fed up of everyone judging me. Yes I know its bad for your health, but not as bad as getting drunk every weekend of that mc donalds you just ate. I'm a frequent flyer and sunbed user anyway. Everyone has to die of something, and I'd rather have 60 good years than 85 crappy ones.
No clue. Never smoked a cigarette and don't intend to :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why start in the first place?

Its like studying BA. Doing it for fun end up been stuck later on in life

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by potatomaker
what I'm saying is normal, socially conpetent people don't bitch about other people's small habits

Ah I see. You mean like when people start anti-smoking threads?
Original post by ImNotReallyMe

Then they build a tolerance for it etc. and then there's withdrawal symptoms which are probably worse than the feeling of smoking itself for the addict

What are the withdrawal symptoms?
Original post by frankieboy
What are the withdrawal symptoms?

Well i just typed it into google

In active smokers, a lack of nicotine produces a wide range of withdrawal symptoms, including:

Headache

Falling heart rate and blood pressure

Fatigue, drowsiness and insomnia

Irritability

Difficulty concentrating

Anxiety

Increased hunger and calorific intake

Increased desire for the taste of sweets

Tobacco cravings

If someone wasn't to experience the more extreme ones like depression, i'd say cravings probably have to be the one that causes a lot to go back to it, it's probably a bit like when you can't resist eating a certain piece of junk food for someone who's trying to stop eating it

Original post by ImNotReallyMe
Well i just typed it into google

In active smokers, a lack of nicotine produces a wide range of withdrawal symptoms, including:

Headache

Falling heart rate and blood pressure

Fatigue, drowsiness and insomnia

Irritability

Difficulty concentrating

Anxiety

Increased hunger and calorific intake

Increased desire for the taste of sweets

Tobacco cravings

If someone wasn't to experience the more extreme ones like depression, i'd say cravings probably have to be the one that causes a lot to go back to it, it's probably a bit like when you can't resist eating a certain piece of junk food for someone who's trying to stop eating it

Now look up ''Caffeine withdrawal symptoms'' and ''Sugar withdrawal symptoms''. About the same as the nicotine, right?

Then look up ''Alcohol withdrawal symptoms''.

Nicotine is a relatively harmless drug, all said and done. Unless one considers ''Increased desire for sweets'' a dangerous place to be.

Smoking's not very good for you, least of all because of the chemicals and additives they put in commercial cigarettes. Also, the very act of smoking produces carbon monoxide, tar, etc. - really you shouldn't do it. Especially commercial cigarettes.

But the amount of guff talked about it is ridiculous. It has been a pleasure of human beings throughout the ages, and in moderation as an occasional luxury should not be demonised. However, this is a far cry from some prat smoking 20 commercial cigarettes a day, consisting of floor sweepings mixed with chemicals, just because they want something to do with their hands etc.

Doesn't help having precious little flowers going on about how they smoked a couple of puffs of tobacco yesterday and they think their mouth is bleeding 24 hours later. This is just psychosomatic rubbish.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Birkenhead
I don't blame you for being suspicious of these facts. You are a victim of indoctrination. Smoking truly is the Jew of the modern age, subject to ridiculous vilification and with any mention of positive qualities denied and ignored in spite of the scientific evidence.

Confirmed troll.

Quick Reply

Latest