The Student Room Group

Help me pick! Birmingham vs Aston vs Warwick vs Bath

Hey! I got my last offer a few days ago and I need to pick as soon as possible

The entry requirements go as following:
Birmingham<Aston<Bath<Warwick

I applied for:
-International Relations and Economics at Birmingham
- International Business and Economics at Aston
- Business Administration at Bath (they offered it but I originally applied for International Management)
- International Management at Warwick

I'm leaning towards Birmingham tbh but maybe I'll be missing a opportunity if I don't go to Warwick or something.
The city also matters to me since I need to have fun at uni
What matters essentially? Course content or the uni? :frown:

Any help will be welcome :h:
bump
bump
bump :frown:
Warwick
Bath
Hi there,

Sorry to see no one has given you a speedy reply, but fantastic to hear have an offer from us. Our business school is triple accredited and all of our courses have a built in placement year, that should leave you in good stead when entering the job market.

If you have any further questions that could help your decision i'm a 2014 graduate and a Birmingham local of 23 years. So any questions about Aston, Birmingham or student life in general, throw them at me, i should be able to handle them. :smile:

Josh
Original post by jedanselemyia
Hey! I got my last offer a few days ago and I need to pick as soon as possible

The entry requirements go as following:
Birmingham<Aston<Bath<Warwick

I applied for:
-International Relations and Economics at Birmingham
- International Business and Economics at Aston
- Business Administration at Bath (they offered it but I originally applied for International Management)
- International Management at Warwick

I'm leaning towards Birmingham tbh but maybe I'll be missing a opportunity if I don't go to Warwick or something.
The city also matters to me since I need to have fun at uni
What matters essentially? Course content or the uni? :frown:

Any help will be welcome :h:

Hi there!

I'm Sam, a current second year undergraduate at the University of Bath within the School of Management, so hopefully I will be able to help you out!

First things first, I know a lot of people can be put off when they are offered a course different to what they applied for, so I'll give you a bit of information about the Business Administration course at Bath (BBA as it's known between students!). The course is very similar in a lot of respects to International Management and you would actually be sharing quite a few lectures with students on the International Management course. One of the few major differences is that the placement scheme is slightly different. For BBA, you do two separate six month placements, one at the start of second year and another in third year. This is really great as it breaks up your studies and helps you to get experience and contacts at two different businesses and even industries or job roles if that is something you want to explore. In this respect, it's a really really good course in terms of employability as you'll have the edge on students elsewhere!

As you'll see here in the Complete University Guide, Bath's School of Management is the 2nd best in the country, ahead of all the other universities you've applied to. We also have the best Student Satisfaction rating of any university in the country, so Bath is definitely a great uni to study at and is well respected.

In terms of life outside of the course, Bath is a really great city. Not only is there lots of heritage and history but also loads of social activities, with a wide range of night clubs, the Rugby club, football teams, art galleries and loads more, and Bristol is also only 10 minutes away by train which has loads more to offer as well. The university also has great social facilities with several bars and cafes as well as the brand new centre for the arts. Societies and sports clubs are also really popular and run frequent socials and events.

I really hope this helps you to make your decision! Please feel free to quote me if you have any other questions and I'll be more than happy to help.

Good luck!

Sam
Firm Warwick and put bath as your insurance.
Reply 8
Hi
i have got the offers from bath school of management, bristol university, warwick business school and cass business school .I want to pursue masters in management. Being an international student I dont have much idea about universities and their overall ranking. Please help me in deciding the best university .Looking forward to hear soon
First Warwick then Bath/Birmingham. Aston has no reputation, never heard of it till I got to the UK. Warwick is by far the strongest university out of your choices!! Bath following it with Birmingham. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending