The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Accomodation, St Luke's or main campus?

Hi everyone, so I got an offer of Exeter (yay!!! :biggrin: )

Whats the accommodation like at St Luke's? Or is it worth staying at the main campus because thats' where everything is going on? Ideally I need an en-suit cus of medical reasons (long term recovering bulimic, don't really think it would be fair on flatmates)

But yeah I just need information on accommodation, positives, negatives anything really

Thanks!
are you studying at st lukes or streatham they are about 30 minutes walk apart
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I'll be at St luke's, I'm doing diagnostic radiography x
http://www.exeter.ac.uk/accommodation/freshers/

there is obviously more going on in Streatham but the key issue is do you want to be that far away from your lectures or would you prefer to be nearer the action. only you can make that decision
Hay Exeter local here.

If you are worried about being where everything is ether campus would be fine :tongue:

The main campus on the outskirts of the town centre. St Lukes is on the other side of the town centre 3 minute work from the biggest cinema swimming pool etc but a little further from the best shopping aria.

So if you stayed at Streatham you would have to walk through the city centre to get to St L's. Both are in really nice parts of the city.

Hope this is helpful.
thanks for the replies :smile: is there a bus between the campuses? and whats the town like for cycling? are there cycle lanes? x
Original post by missalicejane
thanks for the replies :smile: is there a bus between the campuses? and whats the town like for cycling? are there cycle lanes? x

http://medicine.exeter.ac.uk/contact/directionstothestlukescampus/
Exeter is hilly and the centre is busy (both campuses are raised to some extent) . Cycling isn't a big thing in central Exeter. Though there are plenty of nice routes in greater Exeter.

I have directed Freshers between the campuses many times so I'm guessing most people walk.
Okay thanks everyone, what are the rooms like at St Luke's? I've seen some at the other campus x
Reply 9
I'm going to stay at Streatham, I would rather be near my lectures :smile:
Thats my 'dilemma' do I want to be near my lectures or at the campus with more going on?
Thats my 'dilemma' do I want to be near my lectures or at the campus with more going on?

one of the main things you need to think about is that the main campus has its own nightclub gym theatre sports fields and indoor cricket and tennis centres.it is for you to decide whether that interests you

hey, I know this was a long time ago but have you firmed Exeter/ decided on accommodation?
Original post by plasmaman
hey, I know this was a long time ago but have you firmed Exeter/ decided on accommodation?

Yeah i firmed exeter! Ive applied for accomodation but ive had no confirmation yet xx
Yeah i firmed exeter! Ive applied for accomodation but ive had no confirmation yet xx

super, where have you applied if you dont mind me asking?x
Original post by plasmaman
super, where have you applied if you dont mind me asking?x

Sounds bad but I cant remember! The onr closest to st lukes, st german and la frowda i think, wbu? x
Sounds bad but I cant remember! The onr closest to st lukes, st german and la frowda i think, wbu? x

aren't they next to Streathams?
The other two are yeah x
Hi everyone, so I got an offer of Exeter (yay!!! :biggrin: )

Whats the accommodation like at St Luke's? Or is it worth staying at the main campus because thats' where everything is going on? Ideally I need an en-suit cus of medical reasons (long term recovering bulimic, don't really think it would be fair on flatmates)

But yeah I just need information on accommodation, positives, negatives anything really

Thanks!

Congrats on your offer! I'm coming in Sept for Medical Imaging too! I realise this doesn't help you at all - I just wanted to say hello! :smile:

The walk between the campuses doesn't seem that bad really, had a go before the interview to see what it would be like. Chances are 2nd year (and beyond) accommodation may well be more than that anyway, so no harm in building up leg muscles in the meantime. :P

I applied for ensuite halls near St. Luke's, but mostly because I'll probably be locked away in my room while not on campus anyway (not antisocial, just bookish). Also in the past I stayed in halls with shared bathrooms and it mostly became a recurring nightmare of nobody else volunteering to clean/restock it...So a good choice regardless!

Quick Reply