The Student Room Group

Women soldiers fighting on the front line

Hello I know women in the uk can't but in israel and other countries do you think women should be able to fight on the front line?? They can be just as good what is your opinion?

Scroll to see replies

If they pass the test then yes.
Reply 2
If they can meet the minimum physical requirements, I don't see why not. I don't think that those requirements should be lower for women than for men though.
If they pass the physical attribute test then yes - but obviously men are naturally more muscular and sporty so there will always be more men than women.
Reply 4
Who says you can't.... thats what MI6 are for :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by adorbat
If they can meet the minimum physical requirements, I don't see why not. I don't think that those requirements should be lower for women than for men though.

Why do you think women can't then fight on the front like in the uk if they are in very good physical condition?
Reply 6
Original post by Maria1812
Why do you think women can't then fight on the front like in the uk if they are in very good physical condition?

I think that they certainly can, if they are in good enough condition to pass the test.
Reply 7
I don't know what man would send his wife out on the battlefield. Anyway the British Army is losing popularity I think people are realising they are nothing more than an empty suit.

Personally, I think that they should be allowed, even in the UK. I'm all for them to be allowed on the front line, because from a military point of view, you want your best soldiers on the front line. The question is are they amongst the best soldiers? Undoubtedly, there are some, but I think as a whole, with men being stronger, on average, the front line would regardlessly be mostly male
Original post by al_94
I don't know what man would send his wife out on the battlefield. Anyway the British Army is losing popularity I think people are realising they are nothing more than an empty suit.

If she wants to then why not?
Reply 10
Original post by al_94

Well not every women is married or wants to be and why would it be ok for a husband to lieave his wife it works both ways
Of course, if they meet the current requirements for the male soldiers.
I think when their boobs starts growing it's going to slow them down. I would advise them to look for an alternative career.
Original post by Protégé
If she wants to then why not?

Very absurd, but no man would want his wife,daughter or any other female relative or friend to serve on the front lines.

Well not every women is married or wants to be and why would it be ok for a husband to lieave his wife it works both ways

No it does not,as a husband I am meant to protect you,and as a wife you're meant to care

Because women are not meant to be placed in brutal combat.
Women are not built to fight wars
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Chucklevisionary
Of course, if they meet the current requirements for the male soldiers.

Very few women can meet such requirements.
Women can not join special elite forces that engage in combat
Reply 15
Original post by Blue_Mason
Very absurd, but no man would want his wife,daughter or any other female relative or friend to serve on the front lines.

No it does not,as a husband I am meant to protect you,and as a wife you're meant to care

Because women are not meant to be placed in brutal combat.
Women are not built to fight wars

That's funny, I didn't know the men in my life had the final say of what I do with my life. :rolleyes:
I used to be opposed to it, but now I love the idea. Apparently the Kurdish female soldiers intimidate IS barbarians without even having to shoot at them.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Very few women can meet such requirements.
Women can not join special elite forces that engage in combat

Well then it will probably remain male-dominated but the entrance requirements have to be the same for both genders. If diversity is wanted then why not make a provision for visually impaired and disabled soldiers? (I'm not serious, the most suited people to the role should get the job, regardless of gender etc.)
Original post by Chucklevisionary
Well then it will probably remain male-dominated but the entrance requirements have to be the same for both genders. If diversity is wanted then why not make a provision for visually impaired and disabled soldiers? (I'm not serious, the most suited people to the role should get the job, regardless of gender etc.)

The problem is though that in no other part of the armed forces do the women face the same physical tests as the men, they always have their own lower standards.

So you can't arbitrarily say there is this one area that has higher standards without being open to lawsuits based on inequality.
Original post by Drewski
The problem is though that in no other part of the armed forces do the women face the same physical tests as the men, they always have their own lower standards.

So you can't arbitrarily say there is this one area that has higher standards without being open to lawsuits based on inequality.

Well, I'm just saying that not having equal entrance requirements and lowering the requirements for women is unfair and a form of inequality. Essentially, if they are less physically fit than their male counterparts yet are allowed to join the army then they are probably more likely to suffer injuries in combat and potentially hold back their fellow soldiers.

Quick Reply

Latest