The Student Room Group

Please correct my french paragraph?

Les risque de l'obesité?
Une constatation qui s'impose, c'est que les gens ne s'intégreraient pas avec ceux qui sont obèse. Une raison pour laquelle, c'est qu'ils auront la tendance de sentir fatigue pas mal de temps et en conséquence, ils pourraient se sentir mauvais. Des études eurent montré exactement ce lien mais des gens ne l'estimèrent pas. En ce qui me concerne, je ne me ferais pas des amis avec ces gens mais ceci ne signifie pas que c'est ils que je déteste!
Reply 1
Les risques de l'obésité?
Une constatation qui s'impose c'est que les gens ne s'intégrent pas avec ceux qui sont obèse. Une raison pour laquelle ils ne s'integrent pas, c'est qu'ils auront la tendance de se sentir fatigué pour la plupart du temps et en concéquence, pourraient se sentir mal. Des études ont montré exactement ce lien, mais il y en a qui ne l'estiment pas. En ce qui me concerne, je ne ferais pas d'amis avec ces gens, mais ceci ne signifie pas que je les déteste!

I'm not sure that you meant 'estime' because I think that means estimate...appréhender means to apprehend which I think could be a more appropriate word, but it's not my work obviously so I can't be sure...The bits in italic I changed for the benefit of the sense of the sentence/paragraph because I feel like that's how they would be said (French is my first language and it just sounds better to me...I'm not 100% perfect with it but I got a good grade at GCSE and AS if that's any use to you). Yeah, take it or leave it, that's my take on corrections X) good luck with it :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Also:
"qui sont obèse" - the adjective should have a plural agreement here so should be "obèses"
"
en concéquence" should be "en conséquence" or you may want to change it to "par conséquent" which is more frequently used in the middle of a sentence whereas "en conséquence" is used at the beginning.

I'm no expert at French but those were the two things that stuck out to me, apart from the corrections above.
:smile:
Original post by IZadi
Les riisques de l'obésité?Une constatation qui s'impose c'est que les gens ne s'intégrent pas avec ceux qui sont obèse. Une raison pour laquelle ils ne s'integrent pas, c'est qu'ils auront la tendance de se sentir fatigué pour la plupart du temps et en concéquence, pourraient se sentir mal. Des études ont montré exactement ce lien, mais il y en a qui ne l'estiment pas. En ce qui me concerne, je ne ferais pas d'amis avec ces gens, mais ceci ne signifie pas que je les déteste!I'm not sure that you meant 'estime' because I think that means estimate...appréhender means to apprehend which I think could be a more appropriate word, but it's not my work obviously so I can't be sure...The bits in italic I changed for the benefit of the sense of the sentence/paragraph because I feel like that's how they would be said (French is my first language and it just sounds better to me...I'm not 100% perfect with it but I got a good grade at GCSE and AS if that's any use to you). Yeah, take it or leave it, that's my take on corrections X) good luck with it :biggrin:

why did you change the conditional
and does the 'eurent montré' bit flashy?
Thanks alot very mich appreciate
Reply 4
Original post by Green ranger
why did you change the conditional
and does the 'eurent montré' bit flashy?
Thanks alot very mich appreciate

The conditional is flashy but I personally wouldn't use it there...as I said before I'm not 100% and struggle with Spanish verbs and conjugations so just keep bearing that in mind X)

I changed it to preterite (preterite, right?) because the conditional is used when something could to happen but it's not certain...in this case you're talking about studies that have already been carried out, yes? If so, you'd have to use some tense in the past...the one I used sounds natural so that's how I think it is X)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending