The Student Room Group

Revising

Is Easter too late to start revising for GCSE's?
Not at all
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Not at all

For 7A*s and more, it is.
Original post by Diligence

It really isn't. Go over the material, revise with past papers and you'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 8A*s and 1 A and 2 Bs

That happened because I whacked out past paper after past paper during the Easter holiday, I made my notes beforehand though (which I'm not sure OP has done? :eyeball:)

But do not be disheartened OP, as long as you stay focused during the holiday, it's capable, depending on what your ability is.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I got 8A*s and 1 A and 2 Bs

That happened because I whacked out past paper after past paper during the Easter holiday, I made my notes beforehand though (which I'm not sure OP has done? :eyeball:)

But do not be disheartened OP, as long as you stay focused during the holiday, it's capable, depending on what your ability is.

So all your notes were completed before Easter?
How many hours did you do a day in the Easter holidays?
Original post by TheStoryteller
It really isn't. Go over the material, revise with past papers and you'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is if the OP isn't close to completing their notes.

I got 9A*'s and 2 A's and started in the Easter hols. So no, it's not too late.
Really it's not how long you spend revising, but how effective it is. If you sit down for 9hrs straight but at the end nothing goes in, then you've just wasted 9hrs of your life. Try 4x 1hrs each day with a 10-20 minute break in between, and a different subject each time and you'll do great! Just don't go on the Internet during your breaks - you'll get sucked in!! If you want to use the Internet/ check Facebook/ snap chat/ Instagram, then only allow yourself to do it in an hr lunch break or after you've finished your revision for the day. :smile:
So all your notes were completed before Easter?
How many hours did you do a day in the Easter holidays?

Indeed, we were encouraged to do so and often had surprise past paper tests in school, attaining marks below what your teacher thought you were capable of gained you a "work support session", therefore I always had to be on top of the game.

For GCSEs, I did about 4 hours a day? (not including the easter revision they gave us) and during study leave I went up to about 5 1/2 hours or so, but that was just me. The time you spend does not determine your success in many cases.

If you think about it, GCSEs aren't really that difficult as long as you consolidate your understanding as you go along and do the homework your teaching gives you for extra practice.
It's definitely not, work hard but dont overdo it. I skated through year 11 and started revising at easter and I got 8A*s and 4 As.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is if the OP isn't close to completing their notes.

But not a reason to feel behind on work. GCSEs aren't extremely detailed so as long as OP has been paying attention and studied for tests, it's only a matter of revising through to refresh his/her memory and working on exam technique after that is done.
Original post by morgan006
It's definitely not, work hard but dont overdo it. I skated through year 11 and started revising at easter and I got 8A*s and 4 As.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's impressive!
Were all your notes completed by then? And how many hours did you do daily?

Quick Reply

Latest