The Student Room Group

EU Student, living in England-where do I apply?

I have a (at least I assume) rare position in terms of students applying to UK universities, and so I keep on hearing different things from different people. In addition, places that I can rely on (eg school), aren't of use as I'm the first EU-student to go through my school...
So, I'm Dutch (have a Dutch passport) and both my parents are Dutch. However, I've lived in England for 16 years now.

I've applied to 4 Scottish Unis (3 of them have sent offers and 1 a rejection). 3 of these Unis (2 offers and 1 rejection) have all classified me as an Eu student (and thus make me pay the £1820 rate), however, the last one has said that I am an RUK student (£9000), so I mailed them to say that I have been classified as an EU-student by other Unis. To this, they replied that I had to show evidence that SAAS had to provide finance. I happened to be at an applicant day at a different Scottish Uni on the day that I got this mail, so I asked someone on their student support team. they didn't know the answer when I asked if I should apply to SAAS or not, so they emailed me a few days later. However, they said that I needed to apply to SFE and state that I am the family of a migrant worker.
But if I were to do that, the other Scottish Uni that classified me as RUK originally, would not be able to classify me as EU.

Is anyone able to share some insight as to what to do? Or has any been through and dealt with this problem before?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending