The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Childhood Studies question.

Hi I'm George. Currently studying Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education at college. hoping to do a BA (Hons) in Childhood Studies degree at Leeds Beckett university in 2016. I would like to go into Play Therapy at postgraduate level after an undergraduate degree. However if this route isn't available then hoping to go into Day Nursery Management. However my question is, where else can a BA (Hons) in Childhood Studies or any other Early years degree take me, other than management?
Thanks :smile: Love to hear from other thinking of applying to Leeds Beckett for similar courses in 2016 :smile:
Reply 1
Im studying this course at leeds beckett ar the minute. Just finished my first year. It has loads of job oppurtunites from family planning, nurseries, you can do a pgce to become a teacher, social work, youth workers, young offenders institutes opens up so many oppurtunites!
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Reply 2
Wow Thank you, im learning towards Playwork at Beckett now and Childhood studies elsewhere.
Original post by lottieN
Im studying this course at leeds beckett ar the minute. Just finished my first year. It has loads of job oppurtunites from family planning, nurseries, you can do a pgce to become a teacher, social work, youth workers, young offenders institutes opens up so many oppurtunites!

Hello!

I will be studying Childhood Studies in September at Leeds Beckett :smile: I was just wondering what the timetable looks like and what the course overall is like? I hope you've enjoyed it! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by rosiereeks
Hello!

I will be studying Childhood Studies in September at Leeds Beckett :smile: I was just wondering what the timetable looks like and what the course overall is like? I hope you've enjoyed it! :smile:

Hi no problem i looked on here also when choosing my university helped alot! my timetable was extrmely good i was lucky even though i did the course full time, i was actually only in uni two who days which was great as i could get a job inbetween! The days consisted of some breaks in the middle of the day about 2hours which can be either good or bad depending how you look at it. The course itsself is good, sarah if your lucky enough to have her was a fantastic tutuor. However some people did complain about the lack of understanding about some subjects as assignments are not explained thoroughly but we all helped discuss are issues over a facebook group so we helped ourselves but help was avaiable if asked for extea support which was common. Lecturers did however cancel alot of pictures and seminars which is abit of a pain when your paying 9000 a year! I stayed at kirkstall brewery which i loved cause i could walk or get the bus that stops there for a £1 if i couldnt be bothered 😁not as many partys as at opal but still defiantly as sociable and ill miss living their loads!! 😣 i however did take full advantage of the fact i was a first year fresher and did tend to go out and party more than actually go to uni. Which is really bad but i definatly wasnt the only one dont think i ever managed a full time table the whole two days ibwas there so bad! I have however passed all the assignments ive done with mainly 2:1's. so if i did go in more i would of done loads better. But as people say first year doesnt really count its not hard so you are able to do this although i wont condone it you should really go to some lectures and seminars 😊 We also did an exam at the end of the term which some people where unaware of. But honestly it was fine it was multiple choice with 25questions and so wasy if you revised for it so im 100% confident ive passed!

Overall my experience of lweds beckett is reallt good and i dont regret a thing choosing ro atidh there and move to leeds absolutly love it! Hope that helps if you have any more questions just ask :smile: xx
Original post by lottieN
Hi no problem i looked on here also when choosing my university helped alot! my timetable was extrmely good i was lucky even though i did the course full time, i was actually only in uni two who days which was great as i could get a job inbetween! The days consisted of some breaks in the middle of the day about 2hours which can be either good or bad depending how you look at it. The course itsself is good, sarah if your lucky enough to have her was a fantastic tutuor. However some people did complain about the lack of understanding about some subjects as assignments are not explained thoroughly but we all helped discuss are issues over a facebook group so we helped ourselves but help was avaiable if asked for extea support which was common. Lecturers did however cancel alot of pictures and seminars which is abit of a pain when your paying 9000 a year! I stayed at kirkstall brewery which i loved cause i could walk or get the bus that stops there for a £1 if i couldnt be bothered 😁not as many partys as at opal but still defiantly as sociable and ill miss living their loads!! 😣 i however did take full advantage of the fact i was a first year fresher and did tend to go out and party more than actually go to uni. Which is really bad but i definatly wasnt the only one dont think i ever managed a full time table the whole two days ibwas there so bad! I have however passed all the assignments ive done with mainly 2:1's. so if i did go in more i would of done loads better. But as people say first year doesnt really count its not hard so you are able to do this although i wont condone it you should really go to some lectures and seminars 😊 We also did an exam at the end of the term which some people where unaware of. But honestly it was fine it was multiple choice with 25questions and so wasy if you revised for it so im 100% confident ive passed!

Overall my experience of lweds beckett is reallt good and i dont regret a thing choosing ro atidh there and move to leeds absolutly love it! Hope that helps if you have any more questions just ask :smile: xx

Thank you!!! That's so much help - I'm so excited and looking forward to it now :smile: I'm staying in Kirkstall too, so that's helpful :smile:

Thank you! :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending