The Student Room Group

confused about middle Eastern conflicts like ISIL ? :S

Except that there are a few factual errors there.
I don't understand Muslims who fight Assad when it's what Israel, US, Saudi Arabia and some other Western powers want.

They support rebels who have radical Islamic views to overthrow a leader, but at the same we're against the pro-Russian rebels in Ukraine?

Difference here is people have to remember a lot of Eastern-Ukraine has strong ties with Russia and has a large Russian population. A US puppet government was put into power in Kiev, Ukraine who threaten Russia and Ukraine's Russian population.

If Democracy matters, they would allow the people of Eastern-Ukraine to vote if they want to stay with Kiev, go neutral or join Russia.

But of course that wont happen, and if it did the West will never be recognize it because it goes against their interests.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Caucasian Pride
I don't understand Muslims who fight Assad when it's what Israel, US, Saudi Arabia and some other Western powers want.

They support rebels who have radical Islamic views to overthrow a leader, but at the same we're against the pro-Russian rebels in Ukraine?

Difference here is people have to remember a lot of Eastern-Ukraine has strong ties with Russia and has a large Russian population. A US puppet government was put into power in Kiev, Ukraine who threaten Russia and Ukraine's Russian population.

If Democracy matters, they would allow the people of Eastern-Ukraine to vote if they want to stay with Kiev, go neutral or join Russia.

But of course that wont happen, and if it did the West will never be recognize it because it goes against their interests.

Mainly propaganda. The same propaganda used to oust Gadaffi(wasn't the best of leaders). I think regardless there are a cohort of muslims who are genuinely trying to struggle against tyranny. You don't tend to hear about them on the media though. The west have used the tactics of divide and conquer for centuries, quite successfully. Its how they've managed to become the dominant nations on the planet. A hugely splintered society at each others throats is more of a reason for the west to want to intervene and meddle. Its dust in the eyes of the public and and unfortunately many end up supporting such mindless acts of lunacy.

I believe Russia is a different kettle of fish altogether. Putin has always seen through western propaganda. Being the only country that could match the USA and by its extensions NATO, it will always be of strategic importance to keep tabs on Putin.
They haven't been as successful in Russia as they have in the middle east, namely due to Putin. In an attempt to restrict Russias influence in Europe, the west have shot themslves in the foot(Minsk round 2)and will continue to do so.

Its why they're so intent on supporting Kiev. The whole idea of giving the people 'freedom' is a complete façade. Good on Putin and co for brokering the second round of minsk talks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending