The Student Room Group

Anyone not get three BPTC offers?

Is there anyone out there that would admit to not getting three BPTC offers in the first round? Everyone I have spoken to so far got all three of their first round offers.
Reply 1
Just to be clear, my point in asking is to illustrate that there is an oversupply of places.
Reply 2
Original post by typonaut
Just to be clear, my point in asking is to illustrate that there is an oversupply of places.

When I applied I left a lot of sections blank because we doing it very last minute and had a feeling it wouldn't matter....it didn't.
Reply 3
I also got all three or four or whatever can't remember. Point is, it's not an accomplishment to be accepted onto the BPTC. Anyone who thinks otherwise is probably out of touch with reality. There is a massive over supply, it's a cash cow, and it encourages foolhardy behaviour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I only got one offer from City, but as they were the one I wanted I accepted them straight away. A few days later I got a call from UoL asking to set up a skype interview for the BPTC, but seeing as they hadn't contacted me before about it, and I had already accepted my place, it was pointless.
Reply 5
Original post by charcoalfeathers
I only got one offer from City, but as they were the one I wanted I accepted them straight away. A few days later I got a call from UoL asking to set up a skype interview for the BPTC, but seeing as they hadn't contacted me before about it, and I had already accepted my place, it was pointless.

Did you make more than one application? It's a bit weird with UoL calling you, because they were holding assessment days - did you get an invite to one of those?
I used all my choices up and applied to City, UoL and BPP for both full and part time courses. I did get an invite to an assessment day but I couldn't make it, so I assumed I wouldn't be getting an offer from them. I wanted an offer from City and got it so I'm happy :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by charcoalfeathers
I used all my choices up and applied to City, UoL and BPP for both full and part time courses. I did get an invite to an assessment day but I couldn't make it, so I assumed I wouldn't be getting an offer from them. I wanted an offer from City and got it so I'm happy :smile:

Isn't it telling that even though you didn't make the UoL assessment they are still chasing you for a place!? Good luck with your BPTC at City. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Reply 8
Just to indicate the desperation to get you signed up, UoL called me this afternoon wanting to know whether I'd made a decision yet - it's Good Friday!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending