The Student Room Group

I hate insensitive teachers who scream a lot and are mean

Hello I recently thought of how some teachers really would not care if someone started crying in their lesson and they would just tell them to go out or ignore them or some just scream at some pupils not aware that some people are sensitive and screaming at them can make them cry or something as some are more sensitive to noise I especially find men teachers to be like that. I feel like feelings don't matter and I am fed up with teachers who scream at people for small things. They want students to be tough and just bottle their feelings up does anyone feel fed up with teachers who are not very kind and would say things like well there is not excuses that you had no internet and could not do you homework. Well if someone 1 does not do their homework and are honest well then you should be kidn and forgive them.

I feel more comftorable around female teachers however some can be very very unkind but I never had a male teacher who was very kind or nice most young ones especially try to act cool by calling us losers or taking our chairs away or making as do push ups as punishments. I remember that a teacher once said don't come to me during halfterm because i am not being paid to interact with you. to the whole class I found it a bit unkind as he could have said don't come to me because i have students who do thier exams this year and they need lots of help or something along those lines.
(edited 9 years ago)
Wow! Sounds like some of these teachers are MEAN. Honestly, I don't see how someone goes through the ordeal to become a teacher if they don't like kids or are easily annoyed. Thank God most of my teachers were awesome and I'm still in contact with some : ) One of my best teachers is a male teacher actually
Reply 2
Original post by Hana Zener Diode
Wow! Sounds like some of these teachers are MEAN. Honestly, I don't see how someone goes through the ordeal to become a teacher if they don't like kids or are easily annoyed. Thank God most of my teachers were awesome and I'm still in contact with some : ) One of my best teachers is a male teacher actually

i think most of them have a degree in english or somehing but not teaching degree and they go into teaching as they are desperate for a job but some actually want to be teachers and do a teaching degree as many people don't have a teaching degree as its not a high paid job and stuff but I think its a last resort sometimes for a person who needs desperately a job I had 3 maths teachers this year all have quit when we come back to school I wonder who will teach me
This is in the UK? I'm pretty sure you need a PGCE, Teach First or something like that to become a teacher. Also teaching maths or science is in demand and pretty high paid as far as I know.
We have one teacher who walks outside, smokes and comes back in angry. If we even breathe loudly we get a detention or excluded, it's unfathomable. These teachers should not be teaching near any student. This problem is outrageous!
Reply 5
Original post by Marshall Taylor
We have one teacher who walks outside, smokes and comes back in angry. If we even breathe loudly we get a detention or excluded, it's unfathomable. These teachers should not be teaching near any student. This problem is outrageous!

Does he wal out druing lessons if so this is an outrage and whats even more outrageous is smelling like ciarettes
Just need to toughen up. You also have to look at what the teachers are going through. Some children are just that annoying.
Reply 7
Original post by Imperion
Just need to toughen up. You also have to look at what the teachers are going through. Some children are just that annoying.

I understand why a lot of teachers get angry. If the kids don't do any work or homework then they are allowed to be mad.
You get some students that don't give a **** in class and facing that all day can wind you up.

Being too sensitive is a bad thing anyways. Don't need to cry over someone shouting at you.
Original post by Hana Zener Diode
This is in the UK? I'm pretty sure you need a PGCE, Teach First or something like that to become a teacher. Also teaching maths or science is in demand and pretty high paid as far as I know.

Nope.

For state-maintained schools only, teachers (hired as 'teachers' but not under the title 'teaching assistants' as some schools do) need to have a recognised teaching qualification (eg BEd, PGCE, PGDE, Master of Teaching, but the key is to have QTS, ie Qualified Teacher Status, which people can only have either right after a British BEd or a year after their PGCE etc) or be on a qualifying programme such as Teach First and School Direct.

But in the independent sector, as well as 'free schools'/'academies' (schools that receive state funding but not directly maintained by the state can hire whoever they want. Be it Prof Richard Dawkins or the beggar you see on the street who got fired from Tesco.

And those are the majority in terms of secondary schools, and I believe around half-half for primaries.

Quick Reply

Latest