The Student Room Group

Am I being selfish?

I have been with my girlfriend for a year and a half now, both are virgins. We have been doing stuff (with hands mainly to begin with) since about three months into the relationship. Since then we have developed into a great couple, i completely adore her.

However after giving me oral once she competly refuses to do it at all anymore, i understand that she doesnt want to do it so i have no problem.

Also i have felt ready to have sex with her for around the last 10 months and she has not, i respect this, however whenever i try to talk about it she either gets really moody with me or shuts off.

I sometimes feel that i really want to take the next step and that she is holding it away from me. But at the same time this makes me feel incredably selfish and a terrible boyfriend for not being more patient.

Am i selfish?
Reply 1
Im not sure you are, maybe sit her down and talk properly?
How old are you guys?
Reply 3
we are 18
I don't think you're being selfish at all. I would have thought that for most people a year would be plenty of time to get to know someone and be ready for having sex. How much longer is she going to wait, 2/3 years??
Not selfish, she shouldn't be moody about it anyways. You're respecting her wishes, try and have a serious talk with her.
Do you give her oral?
Reply 7
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Do you give her oral?

Yes, but i love doing it.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, but i love doing it.

She's the one being selfish then, mate.

I can understand you enjoying it but I would of thought that the best part about it is being able to satisfy your partner, sending them into ecstasy & so on.

Just think about that...

Also it might be your hygiene? (no offence meant)
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
She's the one being selfish then, mate.

I can understand you enjoying it but I would of thought that the best part about it is being able to satisfy your partner, sending them into ecstasy & so on.

Just think about that...

Also it might be your hygiene? (no offence meant)

Hygiene! are you trying to say he has a cheesy willy or somethin? some girls just dont like jizz so most likely a personal thing. I wouldnt do smelly bum holes for example.
Original post by Laomedeia
Hygiene! are you trying to say he has a cheesy willy or somethin? some girls just dont like jizz so most likely a personal thing. I wouldnt do smelly bum holes for example.

Nah, I assume it doesn't take that much to put a girl off.

PS your anonymous label fell off.

FYI, we can see what posts the thread starter makes.

You literally just answered your own question.
I have been with my girlfriend for a year and a half now, both are virgins. We have been doing stuff (with hands mainly to begin with) since about three months into the relationship. Since then we have developed into a great couple, i completely adore her.

However after giving me oral once she competly refuses to do it at all anymore, i understand that she doesnt want to do it so i have no problem.

Also i have felt ready to have sex with her for around the last 10 months and she has not, i respect this, however whenever i try to talk about it she either gets really moody with me or shuts off.

I sometimes feel that i really want to take the next step and that she is holding it away from me. But at the same time this makes me feel incredably selfish and a terrible boyfriend for not being more patient.

Am i selfish?

That awkward moment when OP replies to his/herself.
I am the op and I didn't make that reply... I'm not sure why it came up as anon 1
I am the op and I didn't make that reply... I'm not sure why it came up as anon 1

No, but you did though. It says Thread Starter in the post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending