The Student Room Group

Which A-level is harder Physics or Chemistry

and which do you enjoy more and why
I think Chem is meant to be harder
Chemistry in my experience is harder. Physics is also hard but I enjoy it
I find chemistry easier but that's because I'm going for med, so I put more emphasis on chemistry I guess. In hindsight, physics wasn't too bad, just messed up one of the exams aha
Chemistry is harder.

I got a C at AS chemistry and an A in A2 physics.
I didn't do A-level physics, but I can't imagine anything being easier than A-level chem.
During AS i said Physics but after completing them both at A-Level, i found Chemistry more difficult overall. However i didn't really enjoy Chemistry, it felt very laborious to me and i only kept at it to save from the writing i would have had to do in Geography.
I love Physics, it is mostly mathematical. On the other hand, chemistry is a pain in the a**. Chemistry is so horrifying that I dropped it in 4 months. The worst part of chemistry is 'organic chemistry'.
physics for me
Original post by Jooooshy
I didn't do A-level physics, but I can't imagine anything being easier than A-level chem.

^ basically this. I think it depends on the exam board because I heard horror stories about chemistry, but OCR chemistry is basically just GCSE with a few new ideas.
Physics is... Yeah, I wouldn't advise doing it. It's definitely required the most work out of all my subjects, but once you get it it's not too bad.
But yeah, definitely chemistry. It's a lot easier
I don't do physics but chemistry is ridiculously difficult!
Guess it depends on your own strengths but I find the content for physics a lot harder to grasp than chemistry. On the other hand, chemistry is a lot more content heavy so it's more content to memorise than physics overall. For physics, as long as you understand the key concepts, there's not much to know.

Quick Reply

Latest